Some fun events to get styled up for include the beginning performances of the SF Jazz festival (which continues through the month of October), the SF Greek Festival, and the Art for AIDS annual benefit gala. Other fashion events include the following:
- Simon Fashion Now luncheon, Friday, September 24, 2010, Stanford Shopping Center, 680 Stanford Shopping Center, Palo Alto, 11:30 AM – 2:00 PM
Attend the Simon Fashion Now luncheon and runway fashion show benefitting the Lucile Packard Foundation for Children’s Hospitals. Enjoy a catered lunch, full runway fashion show with a preview of the Fall’s hottest trends, silent auction and free goodies. Registration and silent auction begin at 11:30 AM. Ticket donation of $100 to attend.
- Simon Fashion Now: Trends & Friends Night, Friday, September 24, 2010, Stanford Shopping Center, Center Pavilion, Palo Alto, 5:00 – 8:30 PM
The Simon Fashion Now events continue through the evening with in-store specials at Stanford Shopping Center, special runway and swag bag giveaways, silent auction, red carpet experience with Don Bleu of Star 101, and a runway fashion show starting at 5:30 PM. These are great events and store specials you won’t want to miss.
- Darling & Lovely Fall Event, Friday, September 24 – Sunday, September 26, 2010, Belljar, 3187 16th Street, SF, 6:00 – 9:00 PM Friday, weekend long
Friday, September 24th Belljar Shop kicks off a weekend long event with tons of glamorous going-ons. Kitten Hawk will feature a trunk show of her jewelry and debut her new, reconstructed dress line. There will be a raffle ticket with any purchase and two or more for every increment of $100 spent. Giveaways include a Charlie Jade dress, a gift bag of Benefit Cosmetics, jewelry and prints by local artists, items from Chronicle Books and more! Plus, enjoy a 15% discount all weekend long off all brand new Fall merchandise. Make sure to stop in at Belljar between all your other events and activities.
- Exclusive Evening in Celebration of Fashion, Friday, September 24, 2010, Mishin Fine Arts, 445 A Sutter Street, SF, 7:00 – 10:00 PM
Citystars.US is hosting an exclusive evening in celebration of fashion. Designers featured include Picky Studio by Lana & Yuri Shiller, Nelli Rosh and Irina Atkins. Entertainment includes a performance by opera singer George Komsky. Tickets are $50 per person.
- Macy’s Passport Presents Glamorama, Friday, September 24, 2010, Orpheum Theatre, 1192 Market Street, SF, 7:30 – 10:00 PM
The 28th Annual Macy’s Passport presents Glamorama with 100% of the proceeds benefitting AIDS research. A cutting edge fashion show, live performances by Macy Grey and Eric Hutchinson, and an opulent after-party at the Asian Art Museum makes this an event not to be missed. Ticket cost ranges from $78 to $1,000.
Continuing events include the SF Greek Festival and the Belljar Shop fall sale. In addition, other events to get out and get styled up for around the Bay Area are the Expo for Independent Artists, Mill Valley Fall Arts Festival, Taste of South Beach Mission Bay Street Fair, SF International Dragon Festival and 26th Annual Harvest Festival Ball at V. Sattui Winnery. Fashion events in the Bay Area include the following:
- Artistry in Fashion, Saturday, September 25, 2010 Canada College, 4200 Farm Hill Blvd, Woodside, 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM
In its 19th year, Artistry in Fashion will feature over 60 professional designers selling clothing, jewelry and accessories. A fashion show featuring pattern designer Sandra Betzina will start at 11 AM in the college theater. The fashion department will also have an open house from 12:00 – 3:00 PM displaying student projects. This is a fun event where you’ll meet professional designers and shop through an array of unique fashion pieces.
- Twisted Silver Jewelry Trunk Show, Saturday, September 25, 2010, Studio 7 Arts, 400 Main Street, Pleasanton, 10:00 AM – 2:00 PM
Studio 7 Arts in downtown Pleasanton is getting a new line of exclusive jewelry from local designer Debra Mitchell of Twisted Silver. In recent months, this jewelry collection has gained a star studded following from such actresses as Carolyn Hennesey (Cougar Town), Carrie Preston (True Blood), and Lauren Bowles (True Blood). The custom jewelry collection made for Studio 7 arts include necklaces, bracelets, and earrings perfect for women who are warm, cosmopolitan and in need of an injection of eclectic style for Fall 2010.
- Simon Fashion Now: Style Wars & Fashion Shows, Saturday, September 25, 2010, Stanford Shopping Center, Palo Alto, 12:00 – 5:00 PM
The Simon Fashion Now events and store specials continue through Saturday with fabulous deals, giveaways and fashion shows. There’s runway giveaways on the hour, fashion shows throughout the day hosted by different department stores and boutiques, and a Style Wars design competition by students from the Art Institute of California. Check out the Facebook page for more details and make sure to stop by for special savings and fabulous fashion events!
- The 15th Annual Stepping Out: An Evening In Paris, Saturday, September 25, 2010, Marin Civic Center, 10 Avenue of the Flags, San Rafael, 5:30 – 11:00 PM
“Stepping Out” has become one of Marin County’s most eagerly anticipated fundraising galas honoring those who have been touched by breast cancer.. An elegant evening of dining and dancing will be highlighted by an extraordinary fashion show featuring models, all breast cancer survivors. Funds raised benefit the To Celebrate Life Breast Cander Foundation’s grants program, which distributes funds to Bay Area organizations that provide support for people living with breast cancer. Locally based Noy Designs will send 10 looks down the runway and dance crew Shadow Optix will kick off the party with their moves and grooves. Ticket cost is $210.
- Uplift Fashion Runway Show, Saturday, September 25, 2010, Loft 1513, 1513 Church Street, SF, 6:00 – 11:30 PM
RipStar is producing a fashion, art and music event at Loft 1513, emphasizing natural beauty that is fresh and exciting. Designers featured include RAGDOLL, IKohl, Marzart, Artwithin Designs by Dimitri & Devora, Tosca Soraya, Kitty Andrews Millinery by Melissa Bolin, Serena Hughes and LuckyFuck. Visual artists include Jessica Viera, Chui, Rob Jackson, Amelia Lewis and Slimm Buick. DJs Burkmonster&J-Dog and Kali will be entertaining the attendees with their stylistic spinning.
- Frollicle: Art, Fashion, Music & Performance of Hair Rising Proportions, Saturday, September 25, 2010, Swankety Swank, 289 Divisadero Street, SF, 7:00 – 10:00 PM
Swankety Swank will be celebrating hair as guest artist Nichola Kinch will be showcasing her bizarre and fastidious art with hair. In addition to the art display, MADUSALON hair artists will be styling hair on live models dressed by Swankety Swank’s talented designers: Miranda Caroligne, DAS, gibbous, Darina Drapkin, Yabette and Wayward Shifties. The entertainment doesn’t stop there as there’ll be live performances throughout the evening. Admission is $10.
- Project Reach: Charity Fashion Runway Event, Saturday, September 25, 2010, Diamond Palace, Fremont, 7:30 PM – 1:00 AM
This is a sold out Charity Fashion Show Fundraising Event benefitting the needy children of Afghanistan and celebrating Eid (the festive season for all Muslims around the world when the honly month of Ramadan ends). Some of the Bay Area fashion designers being featured include Debbie Nghiem, Anya Zuyeva, Indu Arora, Constance Ng and Candace Janeen.
Continuing events include the SF Greek Festival, Belljar Shop fall sale, and Mill Valley Fall Arts Festival. Other events to check out include the Folsom Street Fair, Alice’s Now & Zen Fest, andShakespeare in the Park. Fashion events in the Bay Area include the following: