The International Gem & Jewelry Show starts today through the weekend in San Mateo at the Event Center. The San Francisco Opera’s Bravo Club 19th Annual Opening Opera Gala kicks off with an elegant cocktail reception and black tie dinner at City Hall, followed by a performance of Aida. The Fillmore Art Walk is an evening of art, fashion, food and entertainment in the Fillmore District of San Francisco. Most anticipated is Fashion’s Night Out which many stores throughout the Bay Area will be participating in. Make sure to read about what Mss Vee’s top picks of Fashion’s Night Out are. In addition, check out these other fashion events happening in the Bay Area.
- Carolina Boutique Grand Opening, Friday, September 10, Carolina Boutique, 76 Throckmorton Avenue, Mill Valley, 10:00 AM – 6:00 PM
Join Carolina Boutique for their grand opening weekend. There will be special gift with purchase and other great treats to enjoy! Some of the brands this boutique carries include Graham & Spencer, Theory, Rebecca Taylor, James Perse, and Burning Torch. The Grand Opening celebration continues through the weekend.
- Fall Fashion In The Park Runway Show, Friday, September 10 & Saturday, September 11, 2010, Santana Row – Park Valencia, SJ, Friday at 12:00 & 6:00 PM, Saturday at 2:00 & 6:00 PM
Santana Row’s annual fashion event returns with guest hosts. The runway show will be featuring the hottest trends from Santana Row retailers. After the fashion show, enjoy a special wine and hors d’oeuvres reception. Ticket cost ranges from $40 to $65 with proceeds benefiting South Bay non-profits.
Come to Wonderland SF for their weekly Friday shopping happy hour where you can peruse local designers’ collections, view the art collection and sip on complimentary margaritas. The new art exhibit, Fantasy Girls, features pieces from 21 SF artists. Wonderland is always receiving new designer items each week with most being one-of-a-kind. This is one of our favorite spots to shop!
- Westfield SF Fashion’s Night Out, Friday, September 10, 2010, Westfield Shopping Center, SF, 5:00 – 8:30 PM
Fashion’s Night Out – Westfield Center. Enjoy wine and appetizers from Lark Creek Steak and Out The Door by Charles Phan from 5:00 to 6:30 PM (tickets are $10). Aveda will also be on hand doing makeup. Afterwards head out to the stores in Westfield for special in-store events from 6:30 to 8:00 PM. Retailers will be providing drinks, snacks and freebies!
- Neiman Marcus Fashion’s Night Out, Friday, September 10, 2010, 150 Stockton Street, SF, 6:00 – 8:00 PM
Fashion’s Night Out – Neiman Marcus. Enjoy special events throughout the department store including a fashion exhibition by Academy of Art University students whose works were shown at the Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week in New York, a personal appearance by designer Zachary Prell, and an exclusive viewing of the Christopher Collins Collection. Neiman Marcus has planned it out so each floor will have a special event celebrating Fashion’s Night Out. Super chic t-shirts will be on sale to celebrate the shopping occasion. DJs will spin while shoppers can enjoy light snacks .
- Saks Fifth Avenue Fashion’s Night Out, Friday, September 10, 2010, 384 Post Street, SF, 6:00 – 8:00 PM
Fashion’s Night Out – Saks Fifth Avenue. Enjoy champagne while DJs from JE Models and Look Modeling Agency spin music in the fifth-floor Fashion mix lounge. Sketch artists will also be on-hand to draw a fashion sketch of attendees at Chloe on the second floor. There will also be informal modeling in the Fashion mix lounge. The Saks Fifth Avenue Men’s Store 5th Floor, 220 Post Street, will be hosting a Vessel/Saks lounge party where there will be complimentary cocktails and DJ’d music. An afterparty from 8:00 to 10:00 PM will be held at Vessel.
- Macy’s Fashion’s Night Out, Friday, September 10, 2010, Macy’s Union Square, 170 O’Farrell Street, SF, 6:00 – 9:00 PM
Fashion’s Night Out – Macy’s. Music legend Carlos Santana will be on hand from 6:00 to 7:00 PM promoting his collection at the Shoes section, Level 2. Countess LuAnn de Lesseps from the Housewives of NYC will make a personal appearance at Bridge, Level 2 at 7:30 PM. Local fashion authority Owen Buenaventura will be presenting “Flutter” at the Impulse section, Level 3. This fashion exhibit will feature up-and-coming local fashion designers who will be competing for a style challenge. Featured designers include Jill Giordano & Brian Scheyer, Daniel & David Concepcion, Phuong My, Danielle Pettee and Mike San Gaspar. Enjoy informal modeling while you sip on complimentary drinks to DJ’d music.
- Bloomingdale’s Fashion’s Night Out, Thursday, September 10, 2010, Westfield Centre, 845 Market Street, SF, 6:30 – 8:00 PM
Fashion’s Night Out – Bloomingdale’s. Enjoy informal modeling in the style lounge. There will also be complimentary drinks and appetizers while you shop.
JETLAG is a celebration of fashion, travel and Trendy Lime’s 1st Year Anniversary. Exotic appetizers courtesy of Butterfly will be served while you enjoy the music spinning of DJs Nadar and Michelle Musical. A special fashion show will feature the collections of local designers designers Anya Tatarenko and RockChiq. Admission is $10 until 11:00 PM with RSVP or $10 all night with presale tickets. Goodie-bags will be passed out to the first 100 guests and there will be special prize give-aways.
- Saks Fifth Avenue After Party, Friday, September 10, 2010, Vessel, 85 Campton Place, SF, 8:00 PM – 10:00 PM
Vessel is the official after-party place for Fashion’s Night Out Saks Fifth Avenue event. From 6:00 to 8:00 PM, Vessel will be handing out complimentary entry and drink tickets at the Saks Fifth Avenue Men’s store, 5th Floor (220 Post Street).Saks Fifth Avenue employees, guests and participating modeling agencies and their talent will be present to celebrate.
- Rock The Runway at Slide, Friday, September 10, 2010, Slide, 430 Mason Street, SF, 10:00 PM – 2:00 AM
Slide presents a “Rock The Runway” fashion show featuring the Lucy Bea swimwear collection. The event will feature special guest models from Desired Temptations.
There are a lot of different festivals around the Bay Area to enjoy over the weekend for great people (style) watching. The Power to the Peaceful free concert happens today at Golden Gate Park. The 15th Annual Ghiradelli Square Chocolate Festival kicks off today in SF. Beer festival Brews on the Bay is being held on the S.S. Jeremiah O’Brien at Pier 45. Film Night In The Park at Washington Square Park in North Beach of San Francisco will be featuring the beloved movie Amelie. Enjoy an evening of gourmet food, fine wine and an all-star lineup comedy show at the charity event Comedy For Kids with Autism. Other fashion events to enjoy include the following:
- The Marin Store’s Fall Sample Sale, Saturday, September 11, 2010, Marin County Mart, 2405 Larkspur Landing Circle, Larkspur, 9:00 AM – 4:00 PM
The Marin Store is hosting their summer sample sale featuring designers Amy Fink, Apres Collective,Baby Jak, Bryna Nicole, Natalie Stafford, Timeless Treasures and many others. Save big on items from local designers of clothing, jewelry, shoes, kids, home and more.
- Fashion For A Cause, Saturday, September 11, 2010, Moose Lodge, 776 Bradford Way, Pacifica, 2:00 – 4:00 PM
Fashion Arts & Youth Enterprise presents “Fashion for a Cause” to raise money for their nonprofit organization that provides free after-school program for children ages 5 to 17 years old, which includes instruction in fashion design, modeling, arts and crafts, and performing arts. The event will feature young emerging fashion artists, models and performing artists. Donation of $25 to attend.
- Forever Fashion Trunk Show: Judith Selby Lang and Joui Turandot, Eco Fashion from two top recyclers, Saturday, September 11, 2010, Donna Seager Gallery, 851 Fourth Street, San Rafael, 3:00 – 5:00 PM
Two of our favorite eco designers will be hosting a trunk show at the Donna Seager Gallery. Check out their latest collections and shop for a one-of-a-kind item that will fashionably set you apart from the crowd. RSVP at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Fool For Love – Movie Premier, Sunday, September 12, 2010, Camera 12, Reid Hillview Airport and Motif Lounge, 389 S. First Street, SJ, 4:30 – 11:30 PM
Come to a special screening of the movie “Fool For Love” with a Q&A afterward by actors Dustin Nguyen, Charlie Nguyen and kathy Uyen. The afterparty at Motif Lounge will feature a fashion show by designer Debbie Nghiem of GG Connections.
- Hot Summer Fashion Show, Sunday, September 12, 2010, Olde Lockeford Windery, 12470 Locke Road, Lockeford, 6:00 – 10:30 PM
This runway fashion show will feature 12 designers from San Jose, Sacramento, Oakland, Richmond, Walknut Creek and Antioch. Some of the designers include Electrik, Zarah-Nize Wear, and LOVE by Janelle Cardenas. Cost to attend is $15.
Spread the Love and Share this Article!