UPCOMING EVENTS IN the sf bay area for the week of june 21 – june 27, 2010
- Female & Male Model Casting Call for the Fashion Fights Aids Show, Monday, June 21, 2010, Horizon Lounge, 498 Broadway Street, SF 6:00 – 8:00 PM
The Fashion Fights Aids team is looking for additional models for their July 16, 2010. They are looking for a range of 50 models for their listing of designers. Models need to be at least 21 years old to particpate.
- Medium Reality & Miss Velvet Cream sample sale & garment reghab, Tuesday, June 22, 2010, 916 Natoma Street, SF, 6:00 – 9:00 PM
Get amazing deals on last season’s goods as well as Summer’s hottest new items from Medium Reality and Miss Velvet Cream. You can also bring a favorite, boring old garment to this event and an expert tailor will transform it into new design. While you shop, there will be live music by house band The Sweet Trade. No cost to attend.
- Naracamicie’s Dolce & Gabbana makeup event, Thursday, June 24, 2010, 352 Sutter Street, SF, 1:00 – 5:00 PM
Naramcamicie is hosting a makeup/makeover event at their store with the Italian brand of cosmetics Dolce & Gabbana. Call to book an appointment at (415) 683-3204. No fee for the makeover.
- Bloomingdale’s Stanford “Summer Entertaining with Scene Magazine”, Thursday, June 24, 2010, Stanford Shopping Center, Bloomingdale’s, Palo Alto, 5:00 – 7:00 PM
Learn how to entertain for the summer by Annieglass founder Ann Morhauser, Baume Restaurant’s Owner and Executive Chef Bruno Chemel and others. There will also be staff on hand to provide tips for summer as well as an informal fashion show. No cost to attend, RSVP is recommended at (650) 463-2240.
- Reconstruct, Reincarnate, Re-Cool your T-shirt, Thursday, June 24, 2010, Temple Nightclub, 540 Howard Street, SF, 6:00 PM – 2:00 AM
Reconstruct, reincarnate, and re-cool your t-shirts with Global Action Through Fashion, a non-profit organization that promotes socially and environmentally friendly fashion. This event includes t-shirt printing, sewing & reconstruction, tasty eco-drinks, music and dancing. Local designers of Vagadu and Platinum Dirt will be on hand to discuss their reconstruction techniques! No cost to attend, RSVP on their FaceBook event page is recommended.
- Collectively California, Thursday, June 24, 2010, Space Gallery, 1141 Polk Street, SF, 7:00 – 10:00 PM
Come to Space Gallery for music, cocktails and fashion! Local designers Stella & Dot, Lorian Lindsay, Soy Savvy, Astis, Kitty Andrews Millinery, and Jaleh will be selling their collections and hosting a fashion presentation throughout the evening. Noe Valley Track Team will be DJing the event. No cost to attend.
- Kim Vo is hosting Infusion Thursdays, Thursday, June 24, 2010, 124 Ellis Street, SF, 9:00 PM – 2:00 AM
Celebrity hair stylist and star of Bravo’s “Shear Genius” will be hosting Infusion Thursdays: Capture Event. See Kim in action as he critiques and judges a live photo shoot with fashion photographer Damien Miller. Music will be provided by CAMS and dance visuals by Desired Temptations. No cover, but RSVP to attend.
- Bella & Bella Jewelry Trunk Show, Friday, June 25, 2010, Annabella’s San Franacisco, 1817 Powell Street, SF, 5:00 – 9:00 PM
Bella & Bella Jewelry by Farrah is hosting a special jewelery show at Annabella’s San Francisco. Come by to check out the summer line and enjoy complimentary wine.
- Fashion Forward Never Straight, Friday, June 25, 2010, Triple Crown, 1760 Market Street, SF, 9:30 PM – 2:00 AM
Check out fashion diva and designer Dominique Echeverria’s latest collection at this Pride Weekend “Fashion Forward Never Straight” event! Guest DJs will be spinning all night and the highly anticipated fashion show will start at midnight.
NO H8 celebrity photographer and activist Adam Bouska will be hosting this fundraiser photo shoot to raise proceeds and awareness for marriage equality and anti-discrimination on a global level. Adam will be snapping pictures of guests, so come and and get your vogue on! Cost is $40 for a single photo and $25 per person for a group photo. Photos will be taken in order of arrival.
- (Behold) A New Era, Saturday, June 26, 2010, Studio 1 Arts Center, 365 45th Street, Oakland, 4:30 – 6:00 PM
Enjoy this runway show featuring the designs from Oakland’s fashion designers. Admission is free with VIP tickets being sold for preferential seating, light hor d’oeuvres, goodie bags and backstage access. VIP tickets are on a sliding scale of $10 – $20.
- Sample Sale. Get Pretty Party, Saturday, June 26, 2010, Showdown, 10-6th Street, SF, 6:30 – 10:00 PM
Fashion designer Danielle Pettee is hosting a fashion presentation and sample sale at Showdown. She’s been producing beautiful one-of-a-kind evening dresses for the last two weeks and this will be the first time showcasing her collection. No cost to attend.
- “Make me a Super Model” Swimwear Fashion Show, Saturday, June 26, 2010, 5725 International Boulevard, Oakland, 7:00 – 10:00 PM
Did Dat Productions is throwing “Make me a Super Model” Swimwear Fashion Show in Oakland featuring the collections from Definitum by Christal, Diva’s X-Quisite by Diva and 2 Faces Designs by Alex Zhander. Cost to attend is $10 general admission and $20 VIP.
SFFAMA is hosting this fashion show featuring the collections of Anya Tatarenko, Magdalena Trever, Malin Namita Couture, Mikelson, Tosca Soraya, RockChiq, West Coast Leather and Workclothes. General admission is $10 and VIP tickets online are $20 and $25 at the door.
2010 marks the 40th anniversary of the San Francisco Pride Celebration and Parade. This year’s theme is “40 and Fabulous” and the parade will host over 200 contingents and end in a big music event at Civic Center. The parade starts at Market Street and Beale Street and end at Market Street and Eight Street. Make sure to catch the last float, as designer Magdalena Trever will be showcasing her collection of bikinis with a host of models.
- Spring on The Runway, Sunday, June 27, 2010, Ainsley House, 51 North Avenue, Campbell, 1:00 – 4:00 PM
Join Aspiring Couture for tea and cupcakes as they feature the latest collections from local independent designers on the runway. Designer Dominique Ansari will be one of the designers featuring her collections, as well as selling her pieces after the show. Tickets are $10 for General Admission and $15 for VIP admission.
This promises to be one of the most exciting summer parties in the Napa Valley! Sip delicious wines and enjoy hors d’oeuvres from an incredible array of Napa Valley wineries and restaurants. The most important part is the Boutique Marketplace where you’ll be able to find an amazing selection of shoes, clothing and accessories. Event admission is $150 and $250 for VIP admission.