UPCOMING FASHIONABLE FUN EVENTS IN the Sf Bay Area, week of November 22nd – 28th, 2010
If you feel like getting dressed up aloha style and going out, then hula to the charity event Island Style Shake Up. Shake it Island style with hula dancers, pupu, lei and Island beats while featured bartenders compete for a final shake off for the best new take on classic Hawaiian cocktails. All proceeds from the evening benefit SPARK. Other fashion events on Tuesday to enjoy include:
- Street Style Fashion Workshop, Tuesday, November 23, 2010, Rock Paper Scissors Collective, 2278 Telegraph Avenue, Oakland, 4:30 – 6:30 PM
Street Style and Dream Seams School of Fashion is an award winning free fashion program based out of Oakland for youth designers aged 25 and under. Through the academic year, they cover such topics as pattern making, fitting and grading, textile design, and fashion illustration. Contact the instructor Kristi Holohan to enroll in the program.
- Holiday Mixer & Fashion Show with Fashionistas, Wednesday, November 24, 2010, Parlor, 2801 Leavenworth Street, SF, 8:00 PM to 1:30 AM
Saori Productions present a fashion show and holiday mixer! Featured designers include Cocoa Jeans, Constance Label and Lwanga Designs. Door opens at 8:00 PM with the fashion show starting at 9:30 PM with a trunk show afterwards. Ticket cost is $10 general admission, $20 for VIP and $175 for VIP package.
Happy Thanksgiving! We hope you enjoy this special holiday with your friends and family, in style!
Black Friday is offering lots of special sales at stores and retailer online sites! Make sure to check out your favorite department stores and retailers for their sale offerings. Other fashion events in the Bay Area include:
- 888 Brannan Holiday Passport, Every Saturday November 13 – 18th & November 26th, December 19th and December 24th, 888 Brannan Street, SF, 9:00 AM – 4:00 PM
Experience the vast selection, high quality and exceptional value jewelry that 888 Brannan has to offer! Shop over 100 showrooms featuring the Bay Area’s largest collection of wholesale diamonds, jewelry and fashion accessories. No cost to attend, but register for your passport to shop incredible savings at showrooms that are usually closed to the public!
- Warehouse Sale Rock & Republic sample sale and designer sale, Friday, November 26 to Sunday December 5, 2010, 2010, 128 Post Street, SF, 11:00 AM – 7:00 PM
As the final stop in an exclusive 4-city tour, Rock & Republic is hosting a premier 10-day denim shopping event that will kick off on “Black Friday”, November 26th, and run until December 5th. The Warehouse Sale will offer steep savings on Rock & Republic at up to 80% off retail price. Shoppers have the opportunity to preview over 30,000 designer pieces of Rock & Republic denim, outerwear, sportswear, children’s wear and maternity wear. For further information or to register for a complimentary invitation, visit their website at www.RockandRepublic.TheWarehouseSale.com.
- Friday Noir: Black Friday: Steals, Deals , November 26, 2010, Som, 2925 16th Street, SF, 4:00 PM – 2:00 AM
Retail warriors, come and blow off some of that Black Friday steam at Wild’N’Krazy Kids’: Steals, Deals and Heels with DJs Vin Sol, Jah Yzer, Ant-1 and Ruby Red-1. Come shop the fashion and crafts showcase and enjoy free giveaways from Black Scale, Self Edge, Bloop, Frank 151, FTC, Twelve Bar, True Clothing, The Summit and The Ri$ky Bizne$$.Crew.
Stylish fashion blogger Modelina Michelle and Loft 1513 presents Some Kind of Wonderful Dress Up Party. Come celebrate the coming of the winter solstice in an early evening of dress up, makeovers, photography and champagne. Pick out that perfect dress for the holiday season (savings of up to 50%) and get dolled up by one of the professional makeup artists. This is a great way to get ready for a Friday night out in San Francisco!
- Macy’s Great Tree Lighting, Friday, November 26, 2010, Union Square, Geary Street & Powell Street, SF, 6:00 – 8:00 PM
Celebrate the start of the holiday season with Macy’s 21st Annual Tree Lighting at Union Square! Festivities start at 6:00 PM with special performances and appearances by Katharine McPhee,SF Giants World Series Champion Barry Zito, The Glide Ensemple, SF Boys’ Chorus, UC Berkeley Men’s Octet and cast members from Shrek the Musical. The Macy’s Great Tree in Union Square, Macy’s gift to the city, is an 80-foot Shasta White Fir from the Carlton Tree Farm in Mount Shasta. It will be adorned with thousands of twinkling lights and 1,500 red and gold ornaments.
Holiday shopping is in full swing! Continuing events include the Rock & Republic Warehouse Designer Sale and the 888 Brannan Holiday Passport sale. Other fashion events to enjoy on Saturday include:
- San Francisco Design Center Holiday Sample Sale, Saturday, November 27- Sunday, November, 28, 2010, 635 Eight Street, SF, 10:00 AM – 5:00 PM
The San Francisco Design Center sample sale is a bargain hunter’s paradise! Over 250 quality exhibitors offer huge selections of jewelry, paper and leather goods, gift items, home accessories, housewares, toys and fine apparel for the entire family. Held annually, this is a great way to get a jump on holiday shopping. Admission is $6 at the door.
- 32nd Annual Celebration of Craftswomen, Saturday, November 27 & Sunday, November 28, 2010 and December 4-5, Fort Mason Herbst Pavilion, SF, 10:00 AM – 5:00 PM
The Women’s Building 32nd Annual Celebration of Craftswomen takes place November 27-28 and December 4-5 from 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM at Fort Mason Center in San Francisco. This is San Francisco’s largest holiday fine crafts retail fair and largest event celebrating the craft of women in the nation. There will be a wide range of products ranging from decorative arts to jewelry and apparel. Admission is $9 for adults, $7 for seniors, students and disabled. Free for children ages 12 and under. A two-day pass is available for $12.
- Market SF Weekly Artist Market, Saturday, November 27, 2010, The Blue Macaw, 2565 Mission Street, SF, 12:00 – 6:00 PM
Blue Macaw is hosting their weekly Artist Market featuring the works of local artists and designers. Come enjoy drink and food specials while you shop!
- Rockridge in the Snow, Saturday, November 27, 2010, College Avenue & Keith Avenue, Oakland, 3:00 – 6:00 PM
Spend an afternoon of shopping the boutiques of Rockridge and enjoy live entertainment and fun in the snow! There will be a special children’s play area with snow. Come shop and support local merchants!
- Rare Bird Grand Opening Party, Saturday, November 27, 2010, The Rare Bird, 3883 Piedmont Avenue, Oakland, 6:00 – 9:00 PM
The Rare Bird is hosting a grand opening party! This boutique features men’s and women’s clothing, home decor and artwork. They feature local designers, gallery artists and unique vintage finds and recycled goods. Come check out the boutique and shop!
Continuing events on Sunday include the Rock & Republic Warehouse Designer Sale, the 888 Brannan Holiday Passport sale, the San Francisco Design Center Sample Sale, and the 32nd Annual Celebration of Craftswomen. Other fashionable events to enjoy include:
Support Bay Area artists in the community this holiday season by celebrating and shopping local! Lux Boutique features art, jewelry, hats and clothing for both men and women. Featured designers include Caraucci, Do Over Accessories, Eimaj Designs, Ghostdancer, Hipstirr Belts, Jasmin Zorlu, Lotuseatr, Lower Haters, Michiko Thompson, Minerva’s Antennae, Miranda Caroligne, Miss G Designs, Miss Velvet Cream, Rad Thai Designs, Rock n Socks, Shebobo, Tooth n Nail. While you shop, enjoy DJ’d music by Phleck and Joe L. No cost to attend!
- Indie Bazaar 2: Black Sunday, Sunday, November 28, 2010, Brief Space, 101 4th Street (Metreon 2nd Floor), SF, 11:00 AM -5:00 PM
SFFAMA and Brief Space presents Indie Bazaar 2 “Black Sunday.” This event will showcase local indie art and fashion. No cost to attend.
- Lorna Maglia Jewelry Show, Sunday, November 28, 2010, Gondola Servizio Boathouse & Boutique, 1520 Lakeside Drive, Oakland, 11:00 AM – 3:00 PM
Gondola Servizio just opened their new boathouse and Venetian boutique on Lake Merritt and are sponsoring a holiday Glass Art Jewelry Show featuring Oakland artist Lorna Moglia. Guests can enjoy $5 gondola cruises, special raffles, stunning jewelry and holiday cheer!