UPCOMING FASHIONABLE FUN EVENTS IN the sf bay area, week of October 25th to 31st
A great charity event to get dressed up for to attend is the Heart of SOMA gala benefitting the Hamilton Family Center with special guest Rev. Jesse Jackson at the Terra Art & Event Gallery. Other fashionable events to enjoy include:
- Walking Tour of Local Manufacturers: The Mission, Tuesday, October 26, 2010, Timbuk2, 583 Shotwell Street, SF, 9:00 – 11:00 AM
Join SFMade on a walking tour of companies manufacturing products in the Mission. The tour will start at Timbuk2, where you will experience an intimate insiders look at one of San Francisco’s best loved artisan manufacturers of bags, followed by a visit to several other local manufacturers, ranging from woodworking to fresh-made bread. The tour is limited to 20 people, so reserve early to guarantee your spot. Cost to attend is $25.
- Derek Lam Trunk Show, Tuesday, October 26, 2010, Barneys, 77 O’Farrell Street, SF, 10:00 AM – 6:00 PM
Meet the designer himself, Mr. Derek Lam. There will be a trunk show previewing his Spring 2011 collection. The trunk show will start at 10:00 AM and end at 6:00 PM on the 3rd floor of Barneys. For more information, call 415-848-6430.
- Norman Ambrose Trunk Show, Tuesday, October 26 and Wednesday, October 27, 2010, Saks Fifth Avenue, 384 Post Street, SF, 12:00 – 3:00 PM
Come to Saks to preview the Spring 2011 collection from designer Norman Ambrose. There will be informal modeling from 12:00 to 3:00 PM. For more information or to make an appointment, call (415) 438-5292.
The World Series game 1 is tonight at 7:30 PM at AT&T Park. It’s going to be a great evening to be at the game or a local SF bar to watch the game. Other fashion events to enjoy include:
Yelp’s Mobile Spa will be at Union Square with Oxenrose salon to give people drive-by mohawks and braidhawks in Union Square. Either go under the buzzer to look like the 4th member of Blink 182 or Mr. T or get the latest NYFW runway braidhawk. Follow on Twitter (@yelfsf) for any updates or whereabouts of the Yelp mobile.
- Indigenous Designs Style Tour, Wednesday, October 27, 2010, YogaWorks, 1823 Divisadero Street, SF, 4:00 – 8:00 PM
Interested in Eco-fashion, tasty morsels and delicious vino? Come out to the Indigenous Designs Style Tour’s first Bay Area stop at Yoga Works in San Francisco. Indigenous Designs celebrates its Fair Trade certification by touring in October (Fair Trade Month) to share its collection and the message that beautiful clothing can come with a clean conscience. The 6-city tour will team Indigenous Designs with socially-conscious retailers throughout the Pacific Northwest.
- SFFAMA Portfolio Night/Open Casting Call, Wednesday, October 27, 2010, Pigement Cosmetics, One Market Street (Studio 2), SF, 5:30 – 8:30 PM
SFFAMA is hosting an open call night for fashion designers and models for the event “Project San Francisco” in December. Bring your portfolio with samples of your work and find out more about the upcoming fashion event.
- Evening of Hope: A Night of Life Saving Fashion, Wednesday, October 27, 2010, Yerba Buena Center for the Arts, 701 Mission Street, SF, 6:00 – 10:00 PM
The annual Evening of Hope gala dinner and auction in support of HIV/AIDS programs and advocacy features Condom Couture, a fashion show of condom adorned gowns created by local designers. Tickets are $150.
- SFMade Mixer, Wednesday, October 27, 2010, Dawson Custom Workroom, 1 Arkansas Street, SF, 6:00 – 8:00 PM
SFMade is hosting a mixer at Dawson Custom Workroom. Come see David Dawson’s operation and network with the manufacturing community.
- The 2010 SF Fall Antiques Show Preview Party Benefit Gala, Wednesday, October 27, 2010, Fort Mason Center, SF, 7:00 – 9:00 PM
The SF Fall Antiques Show kicks off with a glittering opening night Preview Party with all proceeds going to Enterprise for High School Student’s. This year’s gala will be hosted by internationally renowned fashion designer Derek Lam. Ticket cost is $200.
- Capture “Dead Prom” – The Dead Fashion Experience at Indulgence, Wednesday, October 27, 2010, Harry Denton’s Starlight Room, 450 Powell Street, SF, 9:00 PM – 2:00 AM
The Capture Series is partnering with Indulgence, Harry Denton and Sebastien for Capture “Dead Prom” the San Francisco official Halloween Launch Party. This will be an experience featuring the hottest and ghoulish models, designers and artists with a live photography photo shoot by Damien Miller.
The World Series continues today, along with the Fall Antiques Show and Indigenous Designs Style Tour in Larkspur. The Asian Art Museum is having their last Matcha Thursday night event of the season. There’s a Surviving and Thriving charity event at 111 Minna Gallery. Other shopping and fashion events to enjoy include:
- Chronicle Books Semi-Annual Warehouse Sale, Thursday, October 28, 2010, 680 Second Street, SF, 9:00 AM – 7:00 PM
Chronicle Books is hosting their Semi-Annual Warehouse Sale. They’re bringing hundreds of titles from their warehouse to their 2nd Street store location and offering 65% of all products. As an added bonus, Ironside and Grilled Cheese Kitchen (both located next door to Chronicle Books) will be offering 10% off any restaurant purchase with a Chronicle Books Warehouse Sale receipt.
- Torino Trunk Show, Thursday, October 28, 2010, Wilkes Bashford Palo Alto, 450 Stanford Shopping Center, 10:00 AM – 7:00 PM
Come check out the Torino design collection at Wilkes Bashford. There will be a special trunk show at the Palo Alto location on Thursday and at the San Francisco location on Friday.
- The 2010 SF Fall Antiques Show, Thursday, October 28, 2010 to Sunday, October 31, 2010, Fort Mason Center, SF, 10:30 AM to 7:00 PM
The San Francisco Fall Antiques Show is the oldest continuously operating international antiques show on the West Coast. The show features approximately sixty-five dealers from across the United States and Europe, offering for sale an extraordinary range of fine and decorative arts representing all styles and periods including American, English, Continental and Asian furniture, silver, ceramics, glass, jewelry, rugs, textiles, paintings, prints and photographs. The event happens Thursday through Sunday. General admission is $15.
- Arts Market SF, Thursday, October 28, 2010, UN Plaza, 1182 Market Street @ 7th Street, SF, 12:00 – 6:00 PM
The weekly arts market debuted on August 19th in UN Plaza and will run every Thursday through December 2nd. Shop, mingle and eat while you enjoy live entertainment throughout the outdoor market. Check out their website www.artsmarketsf.org for a listing of vendors.
- Martha Davis Trunk Show, Thursday, October 28, 2010, Conifer Shop, 2848 Webster Street, SF, 5:00 – 8:00 PM
Conifer Shop is having a shopping event with local shoe designer Martha Davis. Come peruse her fall collection and preview the spring 2011 collection while sipping champagne. Plus enjoy a savings of 10%!
- Charity- Philanthropy by Design Have A Heart Masquerade, Thursday, October 28, 2010, Allsteel Showroom, Four Maritime Plaza, SF, 5:30 – 8:30 PM
Join Philanthropy By Design fundraising and revelry at the Have A Heart masked gala at the bewitching AllSteel Showroom. Look forward to great entertainment, music, a fashion show of recycled garments and costumes, silent and live auctions and Halloween inspired food and drink. Ticket cost is $45.
- Fashion Group International Event, Thursday, October 28, 2010, Temple Nightclub, 540 Howard Street, SF, 6:30 – 9:30 PM
Join Fashion Group International for an inspiring and aesthetic experience. Designer Christopher Collins will share the insights and inspirations that have shaped his collection and will discuss how he draws from global and local visual and textural cues. Also, the Spring 2010 insights of NellyRodi, a Paris-based trend consulting agency will be presented by Marieke Van de Poel and Tiila Abbit. Ticket cost ranges from $25 to $40.
- DIY Emporium & Fashion Show, Thursday, October 28, 2010, Historic Sweet’s Ballroom, 1933 Broadway, Oakland, 7:00 – 11:00 PM
A trunk show, fashion show, burlesque and comedy event! This will be an emporium of local designers, costumers, accessory crafters and more. Some of the vendors include Mangosteen Jewelry, Darla Lush, No Landings Designs, MisoHip Little Hipster Clothing and Micqa Wysterium Wear. A portion of the proceeds will benefit the non-profit Rock Paper Scissors. Cost to attend is $5.
- Halloween Microhood: Mission Treat, Thursday, October 28, 2010, 24th Street between Shotwell and Bryant, SF, 7:00 – 9:00 PM
Join The Bold Italic for a microhood style event with a Halloween theme. Enjoy a night of art, food, drink, fashion and a blood spattered Dexter-inspired photo booth. Stores will be offering free snacks, beverages, discounts and more. Show up in your best costume for this unique trick-or-treating of sorts.
- Welcome Stranger Grand Opening Party, Thursday, October 28, 2010, 460 Gough Street, SF, 7:00 – 9:00 PM
Welcome Stranger is hosting a grand opening party! Enjoy complimentary drinks, DJ’d music and special discounts. Brandon Svarc of Naked & Famous Denim will be at the event showcasing the world’s heaviest 32 oz. denim.
- Halloween Costume Soiree Produced by Charleston Pierce, Thursday, October 28, 2010, Slide, 430 Mason Street, SF, 8:00 PM – 2:00 AM
Top San Francisco fashion producer Charleston Pierce is hosting the fabulous Halloween Costume Soiree benefitting Until There’s A Cure. Cover is donation based.
The Fall Antiques Show and Torino Trunk Show continues today in San Francisco. If you have a wonderful Halloween costume and need places to wear it to, check out the listing of Halloween parties by SF Station. Other fashion events to enjoy include:
- Capture “Heaven & Hell” in association with French Tuesdays, Friday, October 29, 2010, Medjool Restaurant Cafe, 2522 Mission Street, SF, 9:00 PM – 2:00 AM
Medjool will be transformed into a themed “Heaven & Hell” Capture event. Sapient Studios will be setting up a live photography set with different backgrounds for attendees and models from Desired Temptations. There’s also a great lineup of DJ’s and a complimentary buffet. Costume is required to attend. Presale tickets are $40.
The Fall Antiques Show continues today. This will be one of the top nights to get dressed up and go out to Halloween parties! For party options, check out the listing published at SF Station. Other shopping and fashion events to enjoy include:
- Taraval Street Fair, Saturday, October 30, 2010, Taravel Street between 46th and 47th Avenues, SF, 11:00 AM – 6:00 PM
Join the Taraval Parkside Merchants Association for the 4th Annual Taraval Street Fair. There will be entertainment, food, Halloween fun, vendors and more.
- Market SF Weekly Artist Market, Saturday, October 30, 2010, The Blue Macaw, 2565 Mission Street, SF, 12:00 – 6:00 PM
Blue Macaw is hosting their weekly Artist Market featuring the works of over 25 artists and designers. Come enjoy drink and food specials while you peruse each of the collections.
Victor Tung Couture. Photo by Moja Ma’at.
- Cali Outfit & Victor Tung Fashion Show, Saturday, October 30, 2010, Swank, 488 Presidio Avenue, SF, 6:00 – 10:00 PM
Cali Outfit and Victor Tung Couture will be hosting a small fashion show at Swank in Presidio Heights, San Francisco. Come check out Cali Outfit‘s premium women‘s dress and accessory fashions and Victor Tung‘s couture pieces.
- Capture “Halloween International Ball at the Hilton Hotel, Saturday, October 30, 2010, 333 O’Farrell Street, SF, 9:00 PM – 2:00 AM
Capture is hosting a Halloween production of world renowned DJs and performances, a fashion show produced by Charleston Pierce Presents, and a live fashion editorial photo shoot featuring mystical and ghoulish models. There are limited discounted presale tickets.
- Cities in Dust: Halloween Party & Fashion Show, Saturday, October 30, 2010, The Milk Bar, 1840 Haight Street, SF, 9:00 PM – 2:00 AM
Join Milk Bar for a night of Dance Macabre, to celebrate the opening of Betsey Johnson at San Francisco Centre. Live models will be mingling in her latest collection and there will be a Betsey Johnson Spring 2011 RTW fashion show. Cost to attend is $5 with costume and $10 without.
Happy Halloween! This is the last day of the Fall Antiques Show at Fort Mason. Other fashion events to enjoy include:
- Songs from La Mission CD Release Party & Fashion Show, Sunday, October 31, 2010, Roccapulco, 3140 Mission Street, SF, 3:00 – 11:00 PM
Come to a CD release party for the songs from the movie La Mission. In style with the movie, there will be a low rider show, low and slow fashion show and a Dia de los Muertos festival. The fashion show starts at 4:00 PM. Cost to attend is $20.