UPCOMING FASHIONABLE FUN EVENTS IN the Sf bay area, monday, july 26 – sunday, august 1, 2010
- Bravo! Summer Membership Party, Wednesday, July 28, 2010, Vitamin Water Social Club, 557 Pacific Avenue, SF, 6:00 – 9:00 PM
Party for the arts are a great excuse to step up your style and go out. The SF Opera’s Bravo Club invites you to their summer membership party at the Vitamin Water Social Club, located in the financial district of SF. Enjoy complimentary wine, beer and speciality cocktails as you lounge around and listen to the music of DJ Trebleshooter. Guests will also enjoy delectable appetizers and small bites from Chez Papa. Admission is free to current or renewing Bravo Club members and $30 for non-members. RSVP is required at (415) 565-3285 or email@example.com.
- Impressionism at Twilight, Thursday, July 29, 2010, de Young Museum, 50 Hagiwara Tea Garden Drive, 4:30 – 8:45 PM
Art is one of the major influences of fashion. Come get inspired by the world of Impressionism. De Young has an exhibit of 100 incomparable Impressionist masterworks drawn from the collection of Musee d’Orsay in Paris. The Impressionism at Twilight is a Thursday evening event with reduced admission fees and extended viewing hours for the exhibit Birth of Impressionism. The cafe will also have a prix fixe French inspired menu. Cost of admission is $16 and free for members.
- 2nd Annual Eco Fashion Show, Thursday, July 29, 2010, The Glaser Center, 5647 Mendocino Ave., Santa Rosa, 6:30 – 9:30 PM
This cooperative fundraiser by eco-organizations includes an evening of fashion, music, wine food, friends and fun. Event is free, but limited to the first 350 people who RSVP.
- SFMade: Finding & Working with Contract Manufacturing, Thursday, July 29, 2010, Rickshaw Bagworks, 904 22nd Street, SF, 6:30 – 8:30 PM
If you are producing, or planning to produce clothing, accessories, food or buiding/furniture products, this event is for you. Local experts in the field will be hosting in an informative session and networking event where you can get the information you need on the local manufacturing community. Cost to attend is $30.
- Low Luv by Erin Wasson Trunk Show, Thursday, July 29, 2010, Azalea, 411 Hayes Street, SF, 7:00 – 9:00 PM
Azalea boutique will be showcasing Erin Wasson’s stellar new jewelry line, Low Luv. Meet Erin and check out the new styles in her collection, while you sip on complimentary Pisco Sours courtesy of Macchu Pisco and sink your teeth into That Takes The Cake’s signature cupcakes. RSVP at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- SF Fashion Week The Re-Invention, Friday, July 30 & Saturday, July 31, 2010, Vitaminwater Social Club, 557 Pacific Avenue, SF, 6:00 – 10:00 PM
SFFAMA is hosting a two-day fashion event. Friday features summer 2010 ready-to-wear provided by online fashion retailer Fashionistette.com and several local designers. Saturday features summer 2010 avant-garde styles. Cost to attend is $20 per evening, limited capacity.
Enjoy some Blitz N’ Glitz. Walk the red carpet into sleek nightclub Sloane and enjoy music by Pjayz, True Justice, AJ Orbit and Meikee Magnetic. The fashion show includes collections from United+Taken and Cary Lane. Admission is free before 11:00 PM and $15 afterwards.
Get your green lifestyle items at the Beehive Market! Everything from apparel to household products. The vendors participating produce locally with sustainable material – organic, recycled and reused. Shop and feel good about it! There will also be live entertainment and musical performances at the event. No cost to attend.
- Renegade Craft Fair, Saturday, July 31 & Sunday, August 1, 2010, Fort Mason Center Festival Pavilion, SF, 11:00 AM – 7:00 PM
This is the 3rd Annual Renegade Craft Fair and it’s free to attend! There will be indie-craft vendors, craft workshops, designers and entertainment. We all know that items that are hand-crafted come from the heart, so bring your heart and wallet and shop away!
- Design & Construction with Clothing Designer Barbara Beccio, Saturday, July 31, 2010, Exploratorium, 3601 Lyon Street, SF, 12:00 – 4:00 PM
She’s back! Clothing designer Barbara Beccio (MFA in Costume & Lighting Design for Theatre) will be demonstrating clothing design and construction process. This is a fascinating aspect of the details behind what is involved with the clothing we wear. General admission is $15.
- Exploratorium & Fragile Temporary Gowns from Tissue, Saturday, July 31, 2010, Exploratorium, 3601 Lyon Street, SF, 12:00 – 4:00 PM
Amy Williams, chair of Fashion at California College of Arts is creating in the moment designing by having her students design amazing opulent gowns out of tissue. You might think it would look like a paper bag gown, but these talented instructed designers are going to use their skills and techniques to produce easily with tissue what they would normally develop with silk organza and chiffon. General admission is $15.
- Geometric Threads: Moving Between Dimensions, Saturday, July 31, 2010, Exploratorium, 3601 Lyon Street, SF, 12:00 – 4:00 PM
Learn about the dimensions involved in designing and producing products. Thread is simple. When unravelled and spun it produces volume that creates the depth and dimension to design. General admission is $15.
- Market SF’s Artist Market, Saturday, July 31, 2010, The Blue Macaw, 2565 Mission Street, SF, 12:00 – 6:00 PM
Blue Macaw is hosting their weekly Artists’ Market featuring local artists and designers. Come shop and enjoy special drink and food specials! No cost to attend.
- Vagadu Fall Collection Trunk Show, Saturday, July 31, 2010, Vagadu Studio, 375 Alabama Street, Suite 490, SF, 12:00 – 5:00 PM
Vagadu is the design name of Joui Turandot, whose family includes famous modern artists featured at top museums internationally which gives you a sense of why she designs and sculpts amazing pieces of fashionistic art. Vagadu will be featuring their Fall Collection and offering discounts on items from previous collections.
- Swagga Digital Magazine Summer Issue Release Party, Saturday, July 31, 2010, Tiki Tom’s Bar & Grill, 300 29t Street, Oakland, CA 6:00 PM – 2:00 AM
Swagga is local men’s fashion magazine that will make you swagga, swagga. Excellent fashion editorials shoots using local SF models and great article content. Come celebrate the launch of their summer issue. Cost to attend is $10 and includes dinner.
- Afternoon of Bridal Luxury, Sunday, August 1, 2010, St. Regis, 125 Third Street, SF, 12:00 – 2:30 PM
Bridal Galleria is presenting a fashion show featuring the designs of Vera Wang. Great event to attend for those who are engaged or who want to be inspired by beautiful bridal gowns. Event includes complimentary drinks, appetizers and special tote! Admission is $50.
- Helium Magazine’s “Blue” Launch Event, Sunday, August 1, 2010, supperclub, 657 Harrison Street, SF, 7:30 PM – 1:00 AM
This event reeks of hot ticket item of the year. Why throw a typical summer “white party” when you can have a “blue party”thrown in with a top SF designer, fashion show staff and top notch supperclub entertainment. Helium Magazine is launching their online fashion site at this event which kicks off Chic Fashion Week. Talented upscale designer Bacca Da Silva will be hosting a fashion show featuring designs never been seen before from his new collection. Cost to attend including the dinner that starts at 7:00 PM is $65 and general admission is $15.
Spread the Love and Share this Article!