UPCOMING FASHIONABLE FUN EVENTS IN the SF Bay Area, September 27th – October 3rd
- Fashion Show/Filming Party/Dance Party/Concert/Performances, Tuesday, September 28, 2010, Project One, 251 Rhode Island Street, SF, 9:00 PM – 2:00 AM
A true fashionista will be at Domonique Echeverria’s fashion show at 10:00 PM at Project One. Domonique’s collection is refreshingly innovative. Expect to be inspired!
- Manufacturing 411 with SFMade, Wednesday, September 29, 2010, Rickshaw Bagworks, 904 22nd Street, SF, 6:00 – 9:00 PM
Come and receive specific and in-time assistance from SFMade experts with the development and growth of your business. Some items discussed include overcoming specific roadblocks and challenges, addressing legal issues and documentation requirement and making valuable connections with the local manufacturing community. Cost to attend is $30.
SF Weekly is hosting their annual food and drink event Dish 2010 at the Metreon and Circa is hosting a special fundraiser event with WGIRLS Bay Area to raise money for the Daniel Webster Elementary School. Several private fashion events held by San Francisco Style and Vogue magazine. Plus there’s these great fashion events to check out:
- Arts Market SF, Thursday, September 30, 2010, UN Plaza, Market Street @ 7th Street, SF, 12:00 – 6:00 PM
The weekly Arts Market SF at the UN Plaza returns! Shop, mingle and eat while you enjoy live entertainment throughout this outdoor market. Some of the designers who are participating include Das Owl, Kenna Kristine, Mangosteen Jewelry, and Scottish Lily. Check out their website for the entire lineup of designers and performers, www.artsmarketsf.org.
- 2nd Annual Fall Into Fashion Event, Thursday, September 30, 2010, Saks Fifth Avenue, 384 Post Street, San Francisco, 5:00 – 8:00 PM
Join Saks for a fashion event featuring the latest styles for the working woman, clothes you can wear during a day at the office, visiting clients, or straight to evening. There will be a fashion show with Saks models, image consultants discussing wardrobe essentials, 20% discount on clothing, goody bags, validated parking (up to 3 hours) at the Union Square Garage, drawings and more.
- Mad Mental for Fashion, Thursday, September 30, 2010, Cake Plate, 1000 Main Street, Napa, 6:30 – 9:00 PM
Come celebrate the styles of Mad Men at a premiere fashion event in Napa Valley. In honor of polished silhouettes, sheath dresses and pencil skirts everywhere, Cake Plate Boutique is hosting an evening of socializing and shopping, just like the men and women of Sterling Cooper Advertising Agency do. Enjoy classic cocktails and delicious bites while witnessing the launch of the brand new CP by Cake Plate dress collection. Sisters and designers Lindsay Knoll and Paige Smith will be previewing the fall line for the first time ever. In addition to the unveiling, a local stylist will be on hand to give guests Mad Men-inspired hair and makeup touch-ups and tips.
Come to this benefit for the Multiple Sclerosis Society featuring a fashion show of the collections from 11 local designers and a special guest designer from the movie Sex And The City, Marsha Archer. There will also be a sample sale of items! Cost to attend is $25.
- The B*Starr Classic, Thursday, September 30, 2010, Bianca Starr Boutique, 3552 20th Street, SF, 8:00 – 11:00 PM
Come for a night of vintage couture, vintage vinyl and a sprinkle of champagne! Hosted by Bianca Isabel and featuring the beats of DJ Ry Toast. Get decked out in vintage items while the DJ spins a perfect soundtrack. Ladies get 40% off one clothing item.
- Fashion Function Show, Thursday, September 30, 2010, Lululemon Athletica, 327 Grant Avenue, SF, 7:30 – 9:00 PM
Lululemon Athletica is featuring a Fashion Function Show with their Ambassadors, favorite instructors and team members int heir newest Fall styles. Meet the Lululemon Athletica team and local athletes, plus see the newest styles, enjoy private shopping, music and refreshments. RSVP to email@example.com.
Week long Litquake kicks off today with events throughout San Francisco. The Hardly Strictly Bluegrass festival starts today at Golden Gate Park with performances continuing through the weekend. A charity benefit “Sharing The Harvest” for the Hamilton Family Center is tonight at the Julia Morgan Ballroom. Other fashion events to enjoy include:
- Project Pink, Friday, October 1, 2010, Westfield Valley Fair, 2855 Stevens Creek Blvd., Santa Clara, 7:00 – 9:00 PM
Join Westfield Valley Fair and The Bay Area Fashionista for a runway show featuring fall fashions, entertainment, hors d’oeuvres, must-have swag bags and exclusive silent auction items. All proceeds benefit the American Cancer Society. Tickets are $25.
There’s an Arab Cultural Festival at Union Square where you can enjoy cultural entertainment, Arabic cuisine and shop at the different craft vendors. Charity events to get fashionably dressed up for include the San Francisco Zoo’s annual Fur Ball and the American Cancer Society “Imagine A Cure Soiree.” Open Studio‘s kickoff party ArtSpan’s Artlaunch is also happening tonight. Other great fashion events to enjoy include:
- K11 October Craft Sale, Saturday, October 2, 2010, The knit-One-One Studio, 3360 Adeline Street, SF, 10:00 AM – 4:00 PM
Join the Knit-One-One Studio for their first Fall sale. This event will feature the items of twelve local crafters – Clarines Florentines, Koide Studio, Hairaphernalia, Jen Hewett, Fresh on Mondays, Honeycomb Jewelry, Heathered, King Bag Company, ReWare, The Tinted Mint, Peanoonies, Kate Casolaro and Tiny Sparks Design.
- Market SF Weekly Artist Market, Saturday, October 2, 2010, The Blue Macaw, 2565 Mission Street, SF, 12:00 – 6:00 PM
Blue Macaw is hosting their weekly Artist Market, featuring the works of over 25 different artists and designers. Come enjoy drink and food specials while you shop each of the collections!
- Look Around: A Fashion Crawl & Trunk Show, Saturday, October 2, 2010, Mission Cultural Center for Latino Arts, 2868 Mission Street, SF, 1:00 – 5:00 PM
Part of the “Celebrate! San Francisco” exhibition at Mission Cultural Center for Latino Arts (MCCLA), “Look Around” is an outdoor/indoor fashion/performance event featuring SF’s best alternative designers and performers. The fashion crawl happens from 1:00 to 2:30 PM with a trunk show and reception to follow at the gallery. Fashion Crawl Zine is a $5 to $20 donation with partial proceeds going to the Mission Cultural Center.
- Vegan Fashion Show, Saturday, October 2, 2010, Golden Gate Park, County Fair Building, 1199 9th Avenue, SF, 4:45 – 8:00 PM
As part of the World Vegetarian Festival at Golden Gate Park, come to San Francisco’s first vegan fashion show featuring vegan models and conscientious designers. Featured designers include Vaute Couture, Reco Jeans, Melie Bianco and Cri De Coeur.
Spread the Love and Share this Article!