This is another exciting week for fashion in San Francisco. Several nationally acclaimed designers who have their origins in the Bay Area are making appearances at San Francisco high-end department stores and showcasing their newest collections. Many stores and local designers are having special sales and vintage fashion is coming to the San Francisco Design Center over the weekend. However you choose to spend your week, enjoy it in style!
- The Cult of Beauty: The Victorian Avant-Garde, 1860-1900, ongoing thru June 17, 2012, Legion of Honor, SF
- Outfitters: The Contemporary Art of Clothing, Sunday, March 4 thru Saturday, May 13, 2012, Bedford Gallery – 1601 Civic Drive, Walnut Creek, 12:00 to 5:00 pm
- Diane von Furstenberg & GapKids Preview, Tuesday, March 13, 2012, GapKids – 1554 Redwood Highway, Corte Madera, 6:00 to 9:00 pm
- Yoshi’s Monthly Mixed Masterpiece event, Tuesday, March 13, 2012, Yoshi’s SF, 1330 Fillmore Street, SF, 10:00 pm to 1:30 am
- Junior League of San Francisco Fashion Show Launch Party, Wednesday, March 14, 2012, Maritime Museum, 900 Beach Street, SF, 6:30 to 9:30 pm
- Yelp’s Fieldtrip – Backstage Pass to Rickshaw Bagworks, Thursday, March 15, 2012, 904 22nd Street, SF, 12:00 to 1:30 pm
- Sassy City Chick SF Sample Sale Fashion Bash, Thursday, March 15, 2012, The Regency Center – 1290 Sutter Street, SF, 5:00 to 10:00 pm
- Fashion Startups: Product Presentations & Networking, Thursday, March 15, 2012, Pigment Cosmetics, One Market, SF, 5:30 to 8:00 pm
- Gold in Golden Gaultier – Decades Pop-up Shop, Friday, March 16, 2012, The Intercontinental Mark Hopkins Hotel – One Nob Hill – The California Suite, 18th Floor, SF, 10:00 am to 9:00 pm
Just in time for the de Young retrospective on Jean Paul Gaultier, Decades is hosting a one day only pop-up shop! There will be a stunning selection of modern and vintage pieces, from one-of-a-kind Jean Paul Gaultier vintage couture gowns to sexy selection of spring dresses, coats and handbags. All from Decades’ vast collections of contemporary designers. No cost to attend.
- Shoe designer Anyi Lu personal appearance, Friday, March 16, 2012, Nordstrom – 865 Market Street, SF, 1:00 to 4:00 pm
- Dexter Flawk fashion show: Dextrose “Death to Paulina”, Friday, March 16, 2012, Project One – 251 Rhode Island Street, SF, 9:00 pm to 2:00 am
Fashion designer Dexter Flawk will be showcasing his latest collection on the runway at Project One. His previous shows featured his edgy, street/club wear that inspires creativity of fashion. The event will be hosted by the fabulously entertaining Merkley???. No cost to attend.
- Vintage Fashion Expo, Saturday, March 17 & Sunday, March 18, 2012, SF Design Center – 635 Eighth Street, SF, 9:00 am to 6:00 pm
- The FAZE Apparel & FRIENDS 1-day Pop-Up Shop, Saturday, March 17, 2012, Lowers Haters – 597 Haight Street, SF, 10:00 am to 11:00 pm
- Jasmin Zorlu Trunk Show at Red Square Boutique, Saturday, March 17, 2012, 1628 Palm Ave., San Mateo, 11:00 am to 5:00 pm
Jasmin Zorlu Millinery is hosting a special trunk show at Red Square Boutique featuring a beautiful range of luxurious headwear pieces. The designer will be launching her new collection of jinsin straw hats and will be marking down the cost of all the Eco Cashmere, Merino and Fur Felt handmade hats by 30%.
- Black Halo designer appearance, Saturday, March 17, 2012, Neiman Marcus, 150 Stockton Street, SF, 1:00 to 4:00 pm
- Vasily Vein’s New Collection PRIVATE SHOPPING, Saturday, March 17, 2012, Vitkovsky Fine Art Gallery – 3036 Larkin Street, SF, 1:00 to 7:00 pm
- Indie Goes Green Party, Saturday, March 17, 2012, Indie Industries – 2352 Market Street, SF, 5:00 to 9:00 pm