FASHIONABLE FUN EVENTS in the sf bay area, week of september 13th – 19th, 2010
Weeklong harajuku/anime inspired J-Pop Summit Week occurs in Japantown of San Francisco. Enjoy the different activities of the festival and get inspired to dress up harajuku style!
Some fashionable fun events happening in San Francisco on Wednesday include the annual fundraiser gala Party for the Parks. Enjoy a cocktail stroll in the Japanese Tea Garden of Golden Gate Park and afterwards sumptuous Asian inspired dinner. Or head to the Union Square Park for a free Salsa concert by Los Campos from 6:00 to 8:00 PM.
- Dokidoki Harajuku Kawaii Experience, Wednesday, September 15, 2010, Viz Cinema, 1746 Post Street, SF, 7:00 – 11:00 PM
As part of the J-Pop Summit Week, designer Sebastian Masuda will speak of the evolution of Harajuku fashion and change of the Harajuku scape. Afterwards, there will be a fashion show by Yuka and Vani. Cost to attend is $20.
SFMOMA is hosting their Thursday night after-hours Now Playing event. Meatpaper Magazine will be serving delectable food in the Rooftop Garden, the entire museum is open late until 9:45 PM and MEN will provide entertainment for the evening. Other fashion events to enjoy on Thursday include:
- Arts Market SF, Thursday, September 16, 2010, UN Plaza, Market Street @ 7th Street, SF, 12:00 – 6:00 PM
The weekly Arts Market SF at the UN Plaza returns! Shop, mingle and eat while you enjoy live entertainment throughout this outdoor market. Some of the designers who are participating include Das Owl, Kenna Kristine, Mangosteen Jewelry, and Scottish Lily. Check out their website for the entire lineup of designers and performers, www.artsmarketsf.org.
- Villeroy and Boch, Thursday, September 16, 2010, Bloomingdale’s, One Stanford Shopping Center, Palo Alto, 5:00 – 7:00 PM
Fashionable people tend to extend their style from their personal appearance to their entire lifestyle, with fashion for the home being one of those areas. Meet Isabelle von Boch, eight-generation family member for internationally acclaimed 262-year old china and tableware manufacturer Villeroy and Boch. Isabelle will share her secrets and tips for setting up the perfect table for the stylish person.
- Sassy City Chicks Fashion Bash, Thursday, September 16, 2010, Fort Mason Center, Buchanan Street & Marina Blvd, SF, 5:30 – 10:30 PM
Looking to save some money on some top-notch designer clothes? If so, don’t miss this Sassy City Chicks event. Expect deep discounts of up to 80% off brand name jeans, jewelry, clothing, handbags, makeup and more. Brands include Taryn Rose, Marc Jacobs, True Religion, Ella Moss, Diane Von Furstenberg and more! Cost to attend is $5 or admission and tote bag for $20.
- Dance With Me Fashion Show, Thursday, September 16, 2010, Slide, 420 Mason Street, SF, 9:00 PM – 2:00 AM
Slide is hosting their monthly fashion show event “Dance With Me” featuring the little black dress collection of designer Constance Ng. No cost to attend.
The Harvest Festival in Pleasanton kicks off today, where you can enjoy arts, crafts, entertainment and food! In the North Bay, there’s a Gem Faire at the Marin Civic Center today through the weekend. The charitable Glide Gala is occurring in San Francisco, hosted by Cecil Williams and Janice Mirikitani. Other fashion events to enjoy include the following:
In celebration of Mexico’s Bicentennial, the de Young Museum is offering free admission to the museum and hosting a variety of events honoring Mexico’s artistic creativity. Irene Hernandez of Chillin’ Productions and Wonderland SF is presenting a fashion show at 7:00 PM in conjunction with the Academy of Art University. The designs presented will be inspired by Mexican fashion. No cost to attend.
- Silicon Valley Fashions Night at the Museum, Friday, September 17, 2010, SJ Museum of Quilts & Textiles, 520 South First Street, SJ, 5:00 PM – 12:00 AM
The San Jose Museum of Quilts and Textiles aer hosting a Fashions Night as part of the AbsoluteZero street festival. Enjoy an artwear installation of Techstyle SoftWEAR by local designers. A reception is fro 7:00 to 9:00 PM with a presentation at 8:00 PM.
- Girls’ Night Out at Blackhawk Plaza, Friday, September 17, 2010, 3480 Blackhawk Plaza Circle, Danville, 5:30 – 8:00 PM
Blackhawk Plaza in Danville is hosting a special evening for women to pamper themselves with special offers, fashion, beauty, girly drinks and girlfriends at a fabulous and free event.
- Earth Magic by Ameena Launch Event, Friday, September 17, 2010, Swankety Swank, 289 Divisadero Street, SF, 6:00 – 8:00 PM
Swankety Swank is hosting the Earth Magic by Ameena launch. Come for a night of magic that includes samples, massages, food, drinks, music and other pleasures!
The Pleasanton Harvest Festival and Marin Gem Faire continues today. Sip on wine fashionably at the Layfayette Art & Wine Festival. Back in San Francisco, enjoy the harajuku and anime fashion at the day long J-Pop Summit Festival in Japantown or traditional Chinese fashion at the Autumn Moon Festival in Chinatown. Other fashion events to enjoy are the following:
- Warehouse Sample Sale, Saturday, September 18 & Sunday, September 19, 2010, Santa Clara Convention Center, Exhibit Hall C, 5001 Great America Parkway, Santa Clara, 10:00 AM – 4:00 PM
The Warehouse Sale is back in the Bay Area! This is an exclusive denim and clothing sample sale featuring the newest and hottest styles of the season. Everything is priced below wholesale. Cost to attend is $5 or free with RSVP.
- The Vintage Fashion Expo, Saturday September 18 & Sunday, September 19, 2010, SF Design Center, 635 Eighth Street, SF, Saturday: 10:30 AM – 6:00 PM, Sunday: 11:00 AM – 5:00 PM
The weekend long Vintage Fashion Expo comes to San Francisco featuring over 80 dealers of vintage clothing, accessories and textiles dating from the 1850’s to 1980’s. Admission is from $5 to $20.
- Fashion in the Vineyards, Saturday, September 18, 2010, Fairmont Sonoma Mission Inn & Spa, 100 Boyes Blvd., Sonoma, 5:00 – 10:00 PM
Fashion in the Vineyards is featuring a wine and food reception, shopping bazaar, runway fashion show, live auction and more. Ticket cost is $150 with proceeds going to the Boys and Girls Club of Sonoma Valley.
The Pleasanton Harvest Festival, Marin Gem Faire and San Francisco J-Pop Summit Festival in Japantown continues today. Golden Gate Park is hosting a Comedy Day with a talented line-up of performers. Other fashion events to enjoy are the following:
- The Indie Mart, Sunday, September 19, 2010, Thee Parkside, 1600 17th Street (down to Wisconsin Street), SF, 12:00 – 11:00 PM
Indie Mart is back in time for SF late summer with the usual lineup of over 100 vendors bringing the best in local designers, handmade, vintage, rebuilt, art, screenprints, letterpress and DIY. In addition, there will be music entertainment to enjoy while you peruse the vendors. Admission is a $3 donation.
J-Pop “Summit Sunday” will be featuring a “Kawaii Saves The World” fashion walk with Vani & Yuka of 6% DOKIDOKI to color Japantown in Harajuku pink. Show up in your favorite Harajuku Fashion and enjoy the fashion walk!