UPCOMING FASHIONABLE FUN EVENTS IN the sf bay area, monday, august 23rd through sunday, august 29th, 2010
- The Haberdash: An Evening At Revolver, Monday, August 23, 2010, 136 Fillmore Street, SF, 6:00 – 8:00 PM
Join the Bold Italic in kicking off The Haberdash – Men’s Fashion Week – with an evening of art, deals, beer and more at Revolver! Shop and groove as a top DJ spins music while you enjoy special shopping deals and free beer. No cost to attend.
- The Haberdash: An Evening At On The Fly, Tuesday, August 24, 2010, 1 Embarcadero Center, SF, 6:00 – 8:00 PM
Join the Bolt Italic for an evening of revelry and deals at On The Fly. There’ll be tastings of single malt whiskey and 25% off discounts on single full priced items. No cost to attend!
- Eco-Tuesday Monthly Meetup, Tuesday, August 24, 2010, The Box SF, 1069 Howard Street, SF, 6:30 – 9:00 PM
Eco Tuesday will feature Joslin Van Arsdale fro EcoCitizen and Alice Wu from Feral Childe as guest speakers. They will speak about fair trade fashion, the challenges and rewards of a domestic sustainable apparel line and other relevant issues. Admission is $5 per person.
- SF Made Branding Locally Made Products, Wednesday, August 26, 2010, Rickshaw Bagworks, 904 22nd Street, SF, 6:00 – 8:30 PM
Join the SFMade founder Mark Dwight in an information-filled, interactive presentation for the foundation in manufacturing. Cost to attend is $30.
- Haberdash: A Men’s Fashion Show & Party, Wednesday, August 25, 2010, 417 Stockton Street, SF, 7:00 – 9:00 PM
This is the main event of Men’s Fashion Week. Check out the runway show featuring items from Revolver, Candystore Collective, Jack’s San Francisco, On The Fly and Saboteur. Admission of $15 includes complimentary cocktails from Distillery No. 209.
Join Innovative fashion Council, Ubergizmo, and Girls in Tech in hosting Digital Summer, a cocktail event that celebrates fashion/art, photography, and technology. Join in for a spectacular fashion show featuring local designers Colleen Quen Couture, Jan Warnock, Harputs OWN and Sofie Olgaard. Cost to attend is $10 or $5 with RSVP.
- Cristalette Pop Up Shop, Thursday, August 26, 2010, Mercy Vintage Now, 4188 Piedmont Avenue, Oakland, 6:00 – 9:00 PM
Join this special Christalette fashion fest hosted by Mecy Vintage. There’ll be fashion, beverages, snacks and shopping enjoyment.
Join The Bold Italic for an evening of beers and deals at Jack’s San Francisco. Get 50% off all the merchandise in the store, as well as 3-5 off select premium denim.
- Salon Yuni Grand Opening Party, Thursday, August 26, 2010, 2434 California Street, SF, 7:00 PM – 12:00 AM
Celebrate the grand opening of Salon Yuni! There will be lots of food, refreshments and music. Special guest, a principal player with the SF Opera will perform. The party will benefit the Breast Cancer Emergency Fund. Check out this great new salon and enjoy yourself!
Monthly Blitz n’ Glitz is featuring a designer showcase “United + Taken” with hosts Bernadette Montoya, Lion Gott, and Isabel Pedro. No cost to attend.
- Capture – The Live Fashion Experience, Thursday, August 26, 2010, Harlot, 46 Minna Street, SF, 9:00 PM – 2:00 AM
Fashion photographer Damien Miller hosts the latest Capture event at Harlot! Always an entertaining event, check out the latest designer and models he selects for this live editorial photo shoot. No cost to attend, RSVP recommended.
Enjoy the kick-off of the Eat Real Festival and Goodguys 24th West Coast Nationals. Plus of course, there’s these fashion events to check out:
- Conifer Sample & Overstock Sale, Friday, August 27 – Sunday, August 29, 2010, 2848 Webster Street, SF, 11:00 AM – 7:00 PM
Local SF boutique Conifer is hosting a sample & overstock sale featuring local designers! Save up to 8-% on items. This sale continues through the weekend.
- The Haberdash: “All That Is Man” at Candystore Collective, Friday, August 27, 2010, 3153 16th Street, SF, 7:00 – 9:00 PM
Candystore Collective’s Mission District store hosts “All That Is Man” a smashing finale to the week long celebration of Men’s Fashion – the Haberdash. Discounts on shopping and great tips for men’s styling.
- “Fashion In The Mission” by Yiriba, Friday, August 27, 2010, Bollywood Lounge, 3372 19th Street, SF, 8:00 PM – 2:00 AM
Yiriba is hosting a special evening of entertainment and fashion! Fashion show starts at 9:00 PM featuring designers Silver Lucy and Jeaja. The $25 suggested donation at the door includes a complimentary glass of wine and appetizers.
A San Jose fashion show featuring Executive Lifestyles, FAZE clothing, Lucy Bea, Anya Z, BYANBE, and Body by Javon. RSVP to be on the guest list.
The designer sample sale at Conifer continues today as well as the Eat Real Festival and Goodguys 24th West Coast Nationals. Chinatown Night Market Fair is happening tonight with different vendors and entertainment for your enjoyment. The weekend long Tiburon Art Festival starts today as well. Make sure to note these and all the other great fashion events happening in the Bay.
r great fashion events happening in the Bay.
- Yoga Community Eco-Chic Boutique Day, Saturday, August 28, 2010, 577-5th Street, Sonoma, 9:00 AM – 4:00 PM
Yoga Community is hosting an Eco-Chic Boutique Day featuring a trunk show with eco-friendly lines Zansus Purses and FOAT Designs. Zansus Purses are pure rescue, re-use, re-cycle and re-think effort. Resources otherwise destined for landfill aer used to make these functional, earth-friendly handbags. The collection is versatile and sure to satisfy any taste, perfect for a day or a night out. Come check out the collections and shop eco-consciously!
- Runway Confessions Fashion Show Benefit, Saturday, August 28, 2010, Jason’s Restaurant, 300 Drakes Landing Rd., Green Brae, 6:00-9:30 PM
Wine & dine and enjoy a benefit fashion show. Impressive line-up of local designers showcasing their collections at a fashion show starting at 8:00 PM. Basic seating cost is $10 with other cost options including dinner.
- Perth: Something Hidden Revealed, Saturday, August 28, 2010, Swankety Swank, 289 Divisadero Street, SF, 7:00 – 11:00 PM
Boutique Swankety Swank is hosting a special artist reception and evening of fine entertainment. Come enjoy the live entertainment and shop at the same time!
The designer sample sale at Conifer continues today as well as the Eat Real Festival, Goodguys 24th West Coast Nationals and Tiburon Art Festival. Make sure to note these and all the other great fashion events happening in the Bay.
Mario B. Productions is hosting an open model call for his latest fashion show event of the Bay Area!
- VillagePastels Fundraiser, Sunday, August 29, 2010, First Presbyterian Church, 1140 Cowper Street, Palo Alto, 2:00 – 7:00 PM
VillagePastels invites you to a fundraiser exhibition of its exquisite handcrafted products from India. Check out fancy evening bags, hand embroidered silk scarves and other beautiful items.
Spread the Love and Share this Article!