Fashionable Fun Events, Week of April 26 – May 2, 2010
- The Violet Hour Fashion Show, Monday, April 26, 2010, Manor West, 750 Harrison Street, SF, 6:00-9:00pm
The Violet Hour Fashion Show will feature two local designers, Eel & Ermine and Kitty Andrews Millinery for their runway debut! Doors open at 6:00pm and the fashion show starts at 7:30pm. This event is free.
- 29th SF Ballet Auxiliary Fashion Show, Wednesday, April 28, 2010, Westin St. Francis Hotel, SF, 5:30pm, www.sfballet.org/support/specialevents.asp
Michael Kors will be showing his collection at this fashion show benefit for the SF Ballet. Ticket costs range from $175-$375.
- Fashion Twit Up: The Economics of Art, Fashion & Tech Series, Wednesday, April 28, 2010, Pigment Cosmetics, One Market Street, SF, 6:00-9:00pm
This open forum event will examine how technology, primarily blogging, has reshaped the fashion industry. $5 donation is requested. http://fashiontwitup.onsugar.com/
- Butterfly Affair – Cocoon Urban Day Spa Fashion Show, Wednesday, April 28, 2010, 330 First Street, 2nd Floor, SF, 7:00pm-12:00am, 415-777-0100
Cocoon Urban Day Spa hosting a fashion show and party to launch its new clothing line. Featuring Warrior Within Designs, Colleen Mauer Designs and Nazy Wadia Jewelry. Enjoy an open bar, DJ music and discounts on the designer collections. http://www.cocoonurbandayspa.com
- Discarded to Divine, Thursday, April 29, 2010, St. Mary’s Cathedral Hall, 1111 Gough, SF, 5:00-10:00pm
The St. Vincent de Paul Society of SF invites you to Discarded to Divine, a reception and auction of one-of-a-kind fashion creations created from discarded clothing and materials. Proceeds will go towards services to people who are battling poverty, homelessness and domestic violence. Ticket costs are $75 to $250. http://www.discardedtodivine.org/
- “Fashion Lovers Make Up” Closing Show Party, Thursday, April 29, 2010, Candystore Collective, 3153 16th Street, SF, 6:30-10:00pm
Artist Kime Buzzelli will be in attendance with limited edition hand painted tote bags and one-of-a-kind frocks. Enjoy cocktails and DJ’d music while you shop and mingle. www.candystorecollective.com
The Seventh Heart hosts their first pop-up shop! Join them in store to shop the A.OK collection and have a cocktail. Several DJ’s will be spinning music for the evening. There will be an afterparty from 10:00-2:00am at Tubesteak Connection. www.theseventhheart.com
- “Sun Rays & Summer Waves” Rachel Z Designs Fashion Show, Thursday, April 29, 2010, Loft 1513, 1513 Church Street, SF, 6:00-10:00pm
Come to this charming boutique and check out Rachel Z Designs, while you enjoy food, wine and shopping. The fashion show starts at 7pm. www.loft1513.com
- Fashion Meets Tech Starting Your Own Brand, Thursday, April 29, 2010, Cordarounds, 3435 Cesar Chavez #224, 7:00-9:00pm
Cordaround’s founder Chris Lindland will give a presentation on how local designs can quickly find a global audience online. No cost for admission.
- Capture: Live Fashion Shoot, Thursday, April 29, 2010, Roe Nightclub, 651 Howard Street, 8:00pm-2:30am
Watch fashion photographer Damien Miller in action! Enjoy a fashion editorial photo shoot with models from Desired Temptations and other guest models. Featuring the dresses from designers Magdelena Trever and Elena Slivnyak. Complimentary champagne from 9-10pm.
- ARTWEAR sale at the de Young, Friday April 30 & May 1, 2010, de Young Museum Store, 50 Hagiwara Tea Garden Drive, 9:30am – 4:30pm
Enjoy an artwear sale at the de Young for two days only, Friday and Saturday. Meet the artists and shop the best of Bay Area wearable art. Members of the museum receive 20% off purchases. www.famssf.org/store/
- Some Like it Haute Boutique, Fashion Show & Luncheon, Friday, April 30, 2010, The Village at Corte Madera, 1618 Redwood Hwy., Corte Madera, 94925, 10am-2pm
The hottest show in town is just a ‘click’ away. Join the non-profit Spark, as they kick-off their Hollywood themed weekend with a Some Like it Haute Fashion Show and Luncheon. You’ll have access to a special boutique with 25 special shops opened for you, gift bags, and a scrumptious lunch. All proceeds benefit the Larkspur Schools Foundation. Tickets are $65. www.sparkschools.org
- On The Fly- Trunk Show, Friday, April 30, 2010, On The Fly, One Embarcadero Center, SF, 10:00am-6:00pm
On The Fly is hosting a Fall 2010 Preview and Trunk Show for Bill Khakis, Martin Dingman Leathergoods, and Jan Leslie cufflinks. This is your chance to see and special order items that are coming in for Fall. Appetizers and drinks will be served throughout the day.
Its a grand opening celebration for Goorin Bros.’ Berkeley store! To celebrate the occasion, they have a limited edition hand printed posters by Reyes and Steel that will be given out with purchase. Enjoy shopping while you drink, eat and mingle! www.goorin.com/blog
- The Marin Store Sample Sale, Saturday, May 1, 2010, Marin Country Mart, 2405 Larkspur Landing Circle, Larkspur, 9:00am – 4:00pm
This is a collective designer summer sample sale. Save big on items from local designers, sample Northern California delicacies and even get a free mini-facial. This is a great event to shop for yourself and event pick up something for Mother’s Day! No cost to attend. www.store.themartinstore.com
- Vintage Jewelry Show, Saturday, May 1, 2010, Portuguese Hall, 511 Caledonia Street, Sausalito, 10:00am-6:00pm
This show brings together a group of dealers who will have a wonderful array of vintage jewelry and accessories. There will even be vintage items from designers Gucci, Chanel and Ferragamo! Admission is $6. www.goldengateshows.com
- 2nd Annual Poolside Soiree Summer Fashion Show, Saturday, May 1, 2010, Santana Row, San Jose, 12:00pm or 3:00pm
Santana Row’s popular summer event returns, to showcase the coolest looks for summer! Two runway shows will feature the designs from local Santana Row retailers. Cost of the event is $40.
- In Pursuit of Style: Shoes In History, Saturday, May 1, 2010, De Young Museum, 50 Hagiwara Tea Garden, SF, 2:00-3:00pm
This lecture follows the change in fashionable footwear – from early Roman sandals, through high button shoes and stiletto heels, to wedgies and platforms – reminding us that throughout the ages, shoes have always reflected the personality and status of the wearer. No cost for admission.
- The Walking Exhibition Fashion Show, Saturday, May 1, 2010, The Solarium, 55 Second Street, SF, 7:00-10:00pm
Youliveandyoulearn.org presents The Walking Exhibition, a black-tie charity event. This event will be showcasing 5 up-and-coming local designers who have benefited from the non-profit organization’s mentoring program. This is a great event you won’t want to miss! Ticket costs are $40-$115.
- Chillin’ Productions 12 Year Anniversary – trunk show, Saturday, May 1, 2010, Mezzanine, 444 Jessie Street, 8:00pm-2:00am
This is Chillin’ Productions 12 Year Anniversary! Come celebrate with them while you enjoy shopping from over 80 local designers and vendors, mingling with other guests and partying! Admission is $10 at the door.