Upcoming Fashion Events in the SF Bay Area
Monday, February 27th thru Sunday, March 4th, 2012
Enjoy a week of fashion that includes fashion shows launching the new collections of IMUAHII, Ilanio and Glass Kandi, retail launches for the Banana Republic “Mad Men Collection” and online vintage jeweler Sashamaksvintage.com and shopping at the White Elephant Sale or Bead and Boutiques Art Show. Whatever you do this week, enjoy it in style!
- Alessi Annual Warehouse Sale, Monday, February 13 thru Wednesday, February 29, 2012, 424 Sutter Street, SF, 10:00 am to 6:00 pm
Shop the last days of Alessi’s annual warehouse and sample sale! The SF store is the only West Coast store having this special sale with savings of up to 70%. Discounts will be offered on discontinued items, irregulars and floor samples. Sale ends on Wednesday.
Find out what the non-profit SFMade is all about! This free event will provide an overview of their programs and services and how they help manufacturing companies succeed.
- Banana Republic Mad Style Party, Wednesday, February 29, 2012, Banana Republic – 256 Grant Avenue, SF, 6:00 to 9:00 pm
Join Banana Republic for a stylish party, Mad Men style! They collaborated with Mad Men costume designer Janie Bryant for a limited-edition Mad Men Collection, only available in select stores throughout the US. Doors open at 6:00 pm with early access for Banana Republic cardholders at 5:00 pm. Enjoy appetizers, martinis, live music and Mad Men models showcasing the collection. No cost to attend, RSVP to the store is recommended (415-788-3087).
Beat the winter blues by crafting something spring-inspired at Craft Bar! MOFCA has invited Diana Rupp, a talented artisan, to lead an evening of embroidered craft. The staff at the museum and volunteers will assist people with the basic of embroidery, to prevent as little finger-pricking as possible during the training. Cost to attend is $5 and includes materials, tips and tricks.
- Sasha Maks Vintage Launch Party & Trunk Show, Thursday, March 1, 2012, Conifer – 2848 Webster Street, SF, 7:00 to 9:00 pm
Celebrate Sasha Maksutenko’s redesign of the Sasha Maks Vintage e-boutique at Conifer boutique. Launched in 2009, Sashamaksvintage.com offers a stunning collection of vintage costume jewelry from designers such as Kenneth Jay Lane, Trifari, Chanel and Christian Dior. The evening includes great discounts on jewelry, refreshments, complimentary styling and a chance to win a vintage necklace!
- Supreme Beings Fashion Show, Thursday, March 1, 2012, SomArts Cultural Center, 934 Brannan Street, SF, 7:00 to 9:00 pm
Get your avant-garde fashion fix at the “Supreme Beings” fashion show! Local designers Elena Slivnyak (IIMUAHII) and Ilan (Ilanio) are presenting new collections worthy of that runway walk. The evening includes special performances by SpacEKraft and Butoh performers. Fashion show starts at 7:30 pm. This will be a fashion show like no other with both the fashion and entertainment. Cost to attend is $20.
- Allure – Evening of Fashion & Music, Thursday, March 1, 2012, Slide – 430 Mason Street, SF, 9:00 pm to 2:00 am
Slide on over after the Supreme Beings event to dance the evening away at the Allure evening of fashion and music. The evening will feature a sexy fashion show by Glass Kandi. Fashion show starts at 11:00 pm. No cover for arrivals before 11:00 pm with RSVP.
- Free Desigual Fashion Giveaway: The Undie Party, Friday, March 2, 2012, 101 Powell Street, SF,7:00 to 10:00 am
Arrive at Desigual in your undies and leave with a complimentary 2-piece Desigual outfit of your choice. It’s recommended to read all of the details of the event at the Desigual invitation before showing up dressed only in underwear.
- Bead & Boutique Arts Show, Friday, March 2 thru Sunday, March 4, 2012, Hilton Concord – 1970 Diamond Blvd., Concord, 10:00 am to 6:00 pm
Featuring over 200 artisan boutiques, galleries and merchants, the Bead & Boutiques Art Show is the one stop event for clothing, gemstones, jewelry, textiles, wearable art and collectibles. The show specializes in bead making and emerging design in the boutique arts, including the newest bead designs jewelry and apparel. Cost to attend is $10 and covers all three days of the show.
The Bead & Boutique Arts Show continues today with the following fashion events of the day:
- 53rd Annual White Elephant Sale, Saturday, March 3 thru Sunday, March 4, 2012, Warehouse on Oakland Estuary – 333 Lancaster Street, Oakland, 10:00 am to 4:00 pm
Put on comfortable shoes, because there’s 96,000 square feet of White Elephant Sale happening in Oakland. In its 53rd year, this event returns for the weekend to benefit the Oakland Museum of California. Recommendations are to view the warehouse map beforehand to get acquainted with the layout and arrive early for the best selection. Admission is free.
- Harambee Fashion Show & Scholarship Luncheon, Saturday, March 3, 2012, San Jose Airport Garden Hotel – Mediterranean Room, 1740 North First Street, SJ, 11:00 am to 3:00 pm
Spend the afternoon with the San Jose Alumnae Chapter of Delta Sigma Theta Sorority for a luncheon with musical and fashion entertainment to honor their scholarship recipients. The event features a fashion show, live jazz and a special presentation of local high school student scholarship winners. Cost to attend is $65 with $35 being tax deductible.
- Styling Change Trunk Show, Sunday, March 4, 2012, Photobooth – 1193 Valencia Street, SF, 1:00 to 5:00 pm
Browse the collections of the latest Syling Change Trunk Show. This event is about showcasing local brands making an impact in the a fashion industry. Featured designers are Amour Vert, Cuyana and Westard.
- 5th Annual Afghan Culture Show, Sunday, March 4, 2012, Pauley Ballroom-UC Berkeley, 2198 University Avenue, Berkeley, 4:30 to 7:00 pm
Help the Afghan Student Association of UC Berkeley raise funds for the charity Afghan Family and Education Sponsorship Foundation with their 5th Annual Afghan Culture Show. The evening will include guest speakers, a delicious Afghan cuisine, a fashion show and musical performances. Cost to attend is $15.