Fashionable Fun Events
Week of April 19 – April 25
- Grace Ormonde Book Signing & Cocktail Party, Monday, April 19, 2010, Jade Studio Productions, Treasure Island Studio, 6:00pm-12:00am, http://bit.ly/cb8jm9
Join author and publisher Grace Ormonde for this special book-signing event extravaganza. This famous wedding stylist will be promoting her latest book and providing a special wedding professionals networking opportunity. Afterwards the festivities kick in! The extravaganza includes DJ’s, live music, a fashion show, jugglers, acrobats, tarot card readers, exotic cars, and much, much more. How about all that for a Monday night!
- Branding The Man: Fashion Retail Talk & Cocktail Party, Tuesday, April 20, 2010, Bloomingdale’s – 3rd Floor, 845 Market Street, 5:30-8:00pm, http://bit.ly/aJRM3F
The IFCSF and Bloomingdale’s SF cordially invites you to a Networking cocktail party. Come and enjoy the beautiful view overlooking the city lights while sipping a cocktail, listening to DJ Melvin “j” spinning tunes, and meeting new people from the world of fashion and beyond.
The evening’s guest speaker will be Bertrand Pellegrin, global retail strategist, image consultant, and author of the highly acclaimed new book, Branding The Man: Why Men Are The Next Frontier in Fashion Retail.
- Shop Social Presented by Chictopia.com & DNA, Tuesday, April 20, 2010, W Hotel SF, 182 3rd Street, 6:00-9:00pm, www.shopsocial.eventbrite.com
Chictopia and DNA are proud to present Shop Social. New and established designers – brands and retailers – both local and international will come to show off and sale new items from their latest collections to fashion’s most influential trendsetters. Cost of the event is $25 and includes a $10 voucher to be redeemed with purchase at the event.
- Fashion Workshop: Find Your Best Style, Wednesday, April 21, 2010, Viracocha, 998 Valencia Street, 6:30-8:30pm, http://viracochasf.blogspot.com/p/events.html
During this 1 – 2 hour fashion event, participants will be used as models to illustrate different fashion consulting concepts, such as body types, color analysis, style lines, fabrics and how to make the best choices in clothing and accessories to improve a person’s self esteem and overall self image.
- Taboo: The Forbidden Side (fashion-art-music-lifestyle), Wednesday, April 21, 2010, The Barber Lounge, 854 Folsom Street, 7:00-11:00p, www.3sixtyfashion.com
3Sixty Fashion Group is hosting the first in a series of fashion events! Their mission with this event is to redefine the standards of fashion, beauty and art by providing a platform of what is typically ignored, as it does not fit into the “norms” of what fashion and art is. The event will feature a fashion trunk show with a live fashion shoot, involving a fashion photographer, wardrobe stylist, hair stylist and make-up artist.
- SFSU Runway 2010: Nouevelle, Thursday, April 22, 2010, SF Design Center, 101 Henry Adams Street, 7:00-10:00pm, www.brownpapertickets.com
The Fashion Network Association, in collaboration with the Apparel Design & Merchandising Students at SF State University are thrilled to announce the eleventh annual student fashion show Runway 2010: Nouvelle. The show will be showcasing designs from Wee Scotty, an interactive retail and sewing facility where designer Lynne Gallagher brings fashion and families together. Tickets are $25 for seated and $15 for standing.
- SF International Film Festival, Opening Night Film & Party, Thursday, April 22, 2010, Casto Theatre, 429 Castro Street, 7:00-12:00pm, www.fest10.sffs.org/events/big_nights.php
Kick of the 53rd San Francisco International Film Festival with a world class, cinematic event, special guests and a festive, stylish celebration with live entertainment, dancing, fabulous food, delicious drinks, and a complimentary gift bag. General cost is $85 and VIP cost is $145.
- SF Carnaval Eco Village Pre-Party Fashion Event, Thursday, April 22, 2010, The Blue Macaw, 2565 Mission Street, 8:00pm-1:00am
Join in on this Carnaval Pre-Party, Earth Day celebration. There will be a Cutting Edge fashion show starting at 9pm, featuring Trunk and other local designers. The evening will also include entertainment such as dance performers, DJ music and a salsa band. $10 donation at the door, benefitting C.A.T.
- Sounds of Fashion, Live Music & Fashion Show, Thursday, April 22, 2010, 111 Minna Gallery, 111 Minna Street, 9:30pm-2:00am, www.111minnagallery.com
Enjoy an evening of music, fashion and food! Music performance by Peezaay and DJ Beat Thuz. The fashion show will be featuring designers Riscouture and Faze Apparel. $5 all night or free before 10:30pm with RSVP.
- James Perse Sample Sale, Friday, April 24 – Sunday, April 25, 2010, 631 Howard Street, 10am-8pm Friday, 10am-7pm Saturday & Sunday
Fit in a little bit of retail theraphy at the James Perse Sample Sale! This is a three day event and is open to the public. Shop on Friday from 10:00am to 8:00pm and on Saturday and Sunday from 10:00am to 7:00pm.
- Midori Manicure Soiree, Friday, April 23, 2010, Osha at 4 Embarcadaero Ctr, 5:30-8:00pm, http://bit.ly/buFwQ4
Enjoy a night of martinis and spa treatments at Osha! Your purchase of a signature Midori cocktail gives you access to one of the featured spa services, such as a relaxing chair massage or a hand massage with nail color. Enjoy delectable appetizers, listen to sexy European beats, and let your friends at Midori spirits pamper you!
- ScooterGirls & SF Moto Fashion Show, Friday, April 23, 2010, SF Moto, 275 8th Street, 6:30pm, http://bit.ly/b2xGjT
ScooterGirls, Inc. is scooting into SF to present their innovative and exciting “GoGo Gear”, the first fashion-forward protective riding apparel for women riders. GoGo Gear solves the age-old problem of finding attractive and affordable protective riding gear. The fashion show starts at 6:30, with beverages and appetizers being served.
- Wearable Art Show & Sale, Saturday, April 24, 2010, Palo Alto Art Center, 1313 Newell Road, Palo Alto, CA 94303, 10:00am-5:00pm, http://www.paacf.org/style/
Palo Alto’s spectacular Wearable Art Show & Sale returns with the 6th Annual Style 2010 at the Palo Alto Art Center. Featuring unique artisan-made clothing, jewelry, and accessories, this year’s show welcomes a host of artists from the Bay Area and beyond, as well as live models and the opportunity to meet the artists as well.
- Agent Provocateur – Live Window Showcase, Saturday, April 24, 2010, 54 Geary Street, 2:00-6:00pm, www.agentprovacateur.com
Agent Provocatuer is featuring a live window showcase of their new swimwear collection. Come check out their latest swimwear fashions and try them on for yourselves!
- Swap Not Shop, Saturday, April 24, 2010, Soundwave Studios, 2200 Wood St., Oakland, 94607, 3:00-9:00pm, www.swapnotshop.info/
Swap! Not Shop! is Homeygrown’s Bi-Annual Clothing Exchange in Oakland. Bring a bag of gently used, clean clothing and swap it out for some new treasures. There will also be custom screenprints for $1. Admission is $5 plus your bag of items.
The name of it says it all. This fashion show is being thrown to raise AIDS awareness. Cost of the event is $12.
- Bene-Fitted 4 Haiti Fashion Show, Saturday, April 24, 2010, The Blue Macaw, 2565 Mission Street, 8:00pm, http://hustleflow-benefitted4haiti.eventbrite.com/
Hustle & Flow Productions present Bene-Fitted 4 Haiti fundraiser fashion event. From 8:30 to 10:30pm, enjoy a fashion show featuring designs from Cecilia Aragon and a meet-and-greet with the Frisco Legends and Mav Foundation Models. Afterwards, party to DJ I-Cue, who will be spinning all night! 100% of the proceeds will be donated to Haiti Relief through the Red Cross. $15 pre-sale, $20 at the door.
- FAST presents: Spectacle Fashion Show, Sunday, April 25, 2010, Pauley Ballroom, UC Berkeley, 8:00-10:00pm
Join Fashion and Student Trends as they hold their Spring 2010 fashion show titled SPECTACLE. Celebrating 5 years on the UC Berkeley campus, they plan to reference back to the whimsical decor, glitzy appeal and subtle mystique of old Hollywood glamour. The show is featuring 17 student designers and over 70 models. Tickets are $10 presale or $12 at the door.
Spread the Love and Share this Article!