Upcoming Fashion Events in the SF Bay Area
Monday, January 30th thru Sunday, February 5th, 2012
- Gallery of Jewels – 20% – 50% sale, Friday, January 13 thru Tuesday, January 31, 2012, SF, 10:30 am to 6:00 pm
The Gallery of Jewels annual sale ends this week! Save up to 50% off their collection of jewelry, made from local Bay Area designers.
- h.NAOTO shopping event, Saturday, January 28 to Monday, January 30, 2012, 1746 Post Street, SF, 12:00 to 7:00 pm
Shop at the h.NAOTO store in Japantown during the day and meet the famous designer Hirooka Naoto and spend the evening at DNA Lounge for his first Goth Night Fashion Show in San Francisco. h.NAOTO is a popular brand internationally, known for its Japanese brand fashion and pop culture couture. The event is free with purchase at the store, where you’ll get an autographed Polaroid with the designer or $5 at the door.
Last day of the Gallery of Jewels annual sale! Stop in for some new bling and consider how you can manufacture your own jewelry collection at SFMade’s speaker series.
- How to Manufacture Locally, Tuesday, January 31, 2012, TechShop – 926 Howard Street, SF, 6:00 to 8:00 pm
If you are planning to produce clothing, accessories or other products, this event is for you. SFMade is hosting an interactive and supportive forum where you’ll learn how to set-up and manage your own manufacturing operation or use contact manufacturers. Cost to attend is $20.
- Weston Wear Blowout Sale, Wednesday, February 1 thru Sunday, February 5, 2012, 569 Valencia Street, SF, 12 to 7:00 pm on weekdays, 10:00 am to 8:00 pm on the weekend
Major sale alert! San Francisco fashion brand Weston Wear is having a blowout sale through Sunday. Their famous collection of knit skirts and tops are only $20 while dresses and jackets are only $30. Plus save 20% on their current Spring 2012 collection.
- Fashionably First Wednesday: Industry Mixer, Wednesday, February 1, 2012, John Colins Lounge – 128 Minna Street, SF, 5:00
Dynamic fashion non-profit SF Fashion + Tech is hosting an industry mixer. Come mingle, network and meet new friends within the fashion industry. No cost to attend.
The Weston Wear sale continues today, along with these other great fashionable events.
- Saffron Sample Sale & Old Stock Clearance, Thursday, February 2 thru Saturday, February 4, 2012, One Embarcadero Center, SF, 10:00 am to 7:00 pm Thurs/Fri & 11:00 am to 4:00 pm on Saturday
Look foxy for less by shopping at Saffron Rare Threads’ three-day sample sale and old stock clearance. All items by this San Francisco brand are marked down to incredibly low prices compared to full retail. Tops are $10, pants and dresses are $20 and jackets are $30. The sale is cash only. Make sure to stop in early for the best selection!
- DAMSF One Year Anniversary, Thursday, February 2, 2011, DNA Lounge – 375 11th Street, SF, 10:00 pm to 2:00 am
Come celebrate Dance.Art.Music.Style.Fashion ‘s one year anniversary party at DNA Lounge. Enjoy an evening of entertainment from their talented network of performers. Fashion designers represented include Bedlam, Oiseau Chateau, Ashes 2 Ashes and Caked. No cost to attend.
- Craft Bar with ETSY Labs, Thursday, February 2, 2012, MOCFA – 51 Yerba Buena Lane, SF, 6:00 to 8:00 pm
Figuring out what to get your valentine? Do something creative from the heart and create piece of art. The Craft Bar with ETSY Labs will provide instruction on how to make heart pinks and knit items. Admission is $5 and includes materials, tips and tricks.
The Weston Wear and Saffron Rare Threads sales continue today. In addition, check out these other fashion events.
- Lesley Evers Sample Sale, Friday, February 3 & Saturday, February 4, 2012, 1250 Ninth Street, Berkeley, 10:00 am to 3:00 pm
Lesley Evers, the Berkeley-based woman’s clothing company is holding a two-day sample sale. Featured will be the line’s signature mid-century inspired dresses, skirts and tunics marked down to as low as 80% below retail. Great stuff you won’t want to miss!
- AHA Go Red for Women Fashion Show, Friday, February 3, 2012, Macy’s @ Westfield Oakridge Mall, San Jose, 5:00 to 8:00 pm
The American Heart Association Silicon Valley is hosting their Go Red For Women Fashion Show. Come learn how to look your best with fashion, makeup and health tips from experts. There will also be fashion show of guest models wearing red dresses provided by Macy’s. No cost to attend.
- Haute Dog – A Runway Fashion Show, Friday, February 3, 2012, SF Design Center, 101 Henry Adams Street, SF, 5:30 to 8:30 pm
SF’s most fashionable pooches will strut their stuff on the catwalk as they showcase couture outfits designed specifically for them by some of the Bay Area’s most prominent interior designers with oh-so-fabulous fabrics provided by the showroom of the SF Design Center. Event is sold out.
The retail and sample sales for Weston Wear, Saffron Rare Threads and Lesley Evers continues today. In addition, enjoy these fashion shows being thrown to benefit various charities.
- Rock The Runway For Domestic Violence, Saturday, February 4, 2012, The Clift Hotel, 495 Geary Street, SF, 11:00 am to 2:00 pm
Rock the Runway is the inaugural event of the Lifting Up Lives organization that works to help women who have been affected by domestic violence. This fashionable event will be hosted by Real House Wives of Atlanta star NeNe Leakes. The fundraiser includes a brunch, silent auction and runway show featuring the collections of Bay Area fashion designers Dahae Elyse Kim, Daniel Sudar, Sonar Denim, Mikelson and Danielle Pettee along with New York Designers Stevie Boi and Devon Thomas. 100% of the proceeds will go to Lifting Up Lives. Ticket cost ranges from $25 to $100.
- Fashion For Hope with Boditecture, Saturday, February 4, 2012, Temple SF – 540 Howard Street, SF, 6:00 to 10:00 pm
Local fashion brand Boditecture is debuting their latest collection in an event to benefit the Marathon Boy & Judo Hall Orphanage Trust. Each piece in fashion designer Wen Guo collection converts into numerous wearable styles, all elegant, sophisticated and fashionable! Her new collection “Magnetic Attraction” will present a new line of convertible designs utilizing magnets instead of zippers and buttons. Come see the new collection before anyone else! Cost to attend is $25 to $30.
- The First Annual Designing a Difference Fashion Show, Saturday, February 4, 2012, African American Art & Cultural Complex – 762 Fulton Street, SF, 6:00 to 9:00 pm
This is the first official fashion show for “Designing a Difference”. This fashion organization is collaborating with San Francisco State University to host several charity fashion shows in the San Francisco Bay Area. This event will raise fashion awareness and money for local schools and charities, while promoting sustainable fashion. Tickets are $15 and include a complimentary cocktail hour.
- Free2Bme Fashion Show, Saturday, February 4, 2012, East Bay Center for the Performing Arts – 339 11th Street, Richmond, 6:30 to 10:00 pm
The Making Waves Education Program and Tsunami presents the Free2Bme Scholarship Fashion Show, displaying the students’ talents and gifts through fashion, music and art. The event will feature Bay Area fashion designers Iscah Uzza Fashion House (Camari Henderson), Evarize Designs (Erica Varize), Kanii’s Kloset (Jennifer Bishop), Primavera Boutique (Eva Peralta), Earrings by Chanel (Chanel Carey), Nikki D: Soopa Nova Fashions and the Making Waves student designers. The event will also include a private reception for VIP guests, silent auction and live entertainment. Ticket cost is $10 to $20.