UPCOMING FASHIONABLE FUN EVENTS IN THE SF BAY AREA, WEEK OF MAY 24 – MAY 30, 2010
- Champagne+Shopping+Headstand=Ladies Night Out, Tuesday, May 25, 2010, HELLO by Candystore Collective, 2226 Bush Street, SF, 6:30 – 8:30 PM
Come join HELLO by Candystore Collective for a special cocktail + shopping event for a great cause.
City College of San Francisco is throwing another one of their exciting student-ran fashion shows. Over 10 different collections will be shown at this event. Cost is $10 with Student ID and $15 general.
- Celebrating Girlfriends: Advance Screening of SATC2, Wednesday, May 26, 2010, Marina Theatre, 2149 Chestnut Street, SF, 6:00 – 10:00 PM
New website GirlFriendCircles.com is hosting a special VIP Pre-Party and screening of Sex & the City 2. Ticket prices range from $30 to $60.
Join W hotel and other local Bay Area moms for an evening of shopping, pampering and gifts. Fashion stylist Tara Koch will also be doing live fashion demonstrations. No cost to attend.
- Parlor Fashion Show, Wednesday, May 26, 2010, The Parlor Bar, 2801 Leavenworth Street, SF, 7:30 – 10:30 PM
SF darling designers Maggie Trever and Danielle Pettee will be featuring their latest collections at the launch of The Parlor’s monthly fashion show series. No cost to attend, $10 for reserved VIP seating.
- Designer Jenne Giles Fashion Show at Supperclub, Wednesday, May 26, 2010, 657 Harrison Street, SF, 10:00 PM – 2:00 AM
Designer Jenne Giles will be featuring her Spring/Summer 2010 collection exclusively at supperclub. $5 admission with complimentary admission before 10:30 PM with RSVP.
- Girls Night Out Sex and the City 2 Celebration, Thursday, May 27, 2010, Westfield SF, 865 Market Street, SF, 5:30 – 8:00 PM
Join Westfield Centre for an evening of Fashion, Food and Cosmos. Cost to attend is $25 and includes food and drinks.
- Mood – A Style exposition fashion show, Thursday, May 27, 2010, LOFT 1513 Boutique, 1513 Church Street, SF, 6:00 – 11:00 PM
LOFT 1513 boutique is hosting a fashion show at 8:00 PM with Curiouser & Curiouser. Light appetizers and drinks will be provided.
One of our favorite monthly fashion events featuring a live fashion editorial photo shoot by Damien Miller. No cover, but VIP tables are available through Manor West at 415-706-0069.
- SF Carnaval 2010 Street Festival, Saturday, May 29, 2010, Harrison St. (between 16th & 22nd streets), 10:00am-6:00pm
Carnaval is throwing their popular yearly street festival on Harrison Street between 16th and 22nd Streets. Come celebrate Carnaval with live music, street food vendors and lots of fashion and design vendors. No cost to attend.
- STOREFRONT by DNA, Saturday, May 29 & Sunday, May 30, 2010, DNA, 644 Laguna Street, SF, 12:00 – 6:00 PM
Come shop while you enjoy free beer & $1 hotdogs! Plus STOREFRONT will be joined by Fashionistette who will be selling discounted designer clothes (Cynthia Vincent, Rory Beca, Twelfth Street and more!). There’s also a big sale on vintage from Lost Feather Vintage. This is a shopping event you won’t want to miss. STOREFRONT is a weekend only pop-up shop in Hayes Valley.
This annual event is perfect for purchasing surf supplies or selling/bartering your surf equipment. There will also be a sample sale of featured surf inspired apparel.
Seven local designers, including Alexandria Vonn Bromssen and Tamo Designs, will be showcasing their latest collections at the Press Club. Doors open at 6:00 PM and the fashion show starts at 8:00 PM. Hosted by non-profit SFFAMA, donation requested to attend.
- Spring Bling Runway Fashion Show, Saturday, May 29, 2010, Scottish Rite Center, 1547 Lakeside Drive, Oakland, 6:00-10:00 PM
Mario Productions is throwing a Spring 2010 fashion show in Oakland. General cost is $20 with $40 for VIP seating.
- Summer Camp Crush, Saturday, May 29, 2010, The Blue Macaw, 2565 Mission Street, SF, 8:00 PM -2:00 AM
Summer Camp Crush is a fashion show /fundraiser at The Blue Macaw featuring the collections from 9 different designers including Parasol Project, Nous Savons and Thuy Tran. All proceeds benefit Social Fabric.
- SF Carnaval & Parade 2010, Sunday, May 30, 2010, Harrison Street (see site for parade location), 9:30am
The widely anticipated Carnaval parade has arrived! This parade is a celebration of cultures, music and Carnaval fashion! No cost to attend, but early arrival is recommended to secure a great spot to watch the parade. Grand stand tickets are also available for purchase.
Constance Ng is launching her swimwear collection at Temple on Sunday night. It’s also her birthday, so make sure to send well wishes her way!