UPCOMING FASHIONABLE FUN EVENTS, WEEK OF MAY 31 – JUNE 6, 2010
- Fashion Photography Workshop & Portfolio Night, Wednesday, June 2, 2010, Pigment Cosmetics, One Market Street, SF, 6:00 – 9:00 PM
SFFAMA and Bleed Magazine presents their latest Fashion Photography Workshop and Portfolio Night. Aspiring photographers will learn hands-on-training of fashion photography from an expert in the industry. Models are encouraged to bring their portfolios for review and for the opportunity to be in the Annual Pride Summer Fashion Show on June 26th. No cost to participate, donation to the non-profit SFFAMA is requested.
- MATCHA: The Shanghai Dress, Thursday, June 3, 2010, Asian Art Museum, 200 Larkin Street, SF, 5:00 – 9:00 PM
MATCHA at the Asian Art Museum is always a fun event to check out. This Thursday night designer Jane Zhu will be talking about her experience in producing her classic Shanghai qipao dresses, as well as showcasing her elegant qipaos on a catwalk. DJ Quantum will be spinning tunes throughout the evening. Cost of admission is $10.
Chic Meets Geek is a new non-profit in SF started by Carol Tran. Their events are multifaceted, involving guest speakers, great food and drinks, and fun people. This one will be ending with a fashion show by Project Runway’s Jay Nicolas Sario! Prices start at $65 and proceeds go to Glide Foundatin.
Designer Natasha Foucault will be featuring her works of silk at the British Banker’s Club in SF. Her works have been featured in museums and galleries throughout the world. Fantastic food, wine and beer list with music performance by Dmitri Grenberg. No cost to attend.
- Bryant Park West Sonoma, Friday, June 4, 2010, Jacuzzi Family VIneyards, 24724 Arnold Drive/Highway 121, Sonoma, 7:45 – 10:00 PM
Jacuzzi Family Vineyards is featuring their 2nd Annual “Bryant Park West.” Some of the designers being showcased include Hunter Dixon, La Isla Couture and Samantha Sleeper. $75 General admission and $175 for VIP admission.
- Art Deco & Modernism Sale, Saturday, June 5 and Sunday, June 6, 2010 SF Design Center, 635 Eighth Street, SF, 10:00 AM – 6:00 PM (Sunday 11-5 PM)
Held twice a year, over 150 vintage dealers come together to sell items from the 1900 – 1980’s . There will be a vintage fashion show on Saturday at 2:00 PM and Swing Dance performers on Sunday. Admission is $10.
- Union Street Festival, Saturday, June 5 and Sunday, June 6, 2010, Union Street – Gough to Steiner, SF, 10:00 AM – 6:00 PM
This is the 34th year of this annual street block event! Shop at the stores along fashionable Union Street, while enjoying over 150 arts and crafts booths, plus 25 gourmet food booths. Great people watching during and after this event!
- Lombardi Sports Sample Sale, Saturday, June 5 and Sunday, June 6, 2010, 1600 Jackson Street, SF, 10:00 AM – 6:00 PM Saturday, 11:00 AM – 5:00 PM Sunday
Lombardi Sports is hosting their annual rooftop sample sale at 1600 Jackson Street. There will be huge savings on high-end athletic gear. Save 40-70% on favorite brands including Nike, Levis, Icebreaker, Billabong, Patagonia and more.
- Rebel 8 Sample Sale, Saturday, June 5 and Sunday, June 6, 2010, Medicine Agency, 1262 Mason Street, SF 10:00 AM – 5:00 PM
Rebel 8, a SF streetwear clothing line with deep roots in skateboard, graffiti and tattoo cultures, is having a sample sale! Come early to get the best selection from their collection of women’s and men’s apparel. This is a cash only sample sale, occurring both Saturday and Sunday.
- STOREFRONT designer sale, Saturday, June 5 and Sunday June 6, 2010, 655 Laguna Street, SF 12:00 -6:00 PM (Saturday), 12:00 – 5:00 PM (Sunday)
This weekend only pop-up shop is having a designer sale – 75 to 90% off apparel and accessories! Some of the featured local designers at this weekend’s event are SUH-TAHN, Whitley Kros, and Al’s Attire. Arrive early for the best selection!
The Stylist Boutique at Bianca Starr is featuring stylist Rachel Lena Esterline. Rachel is a wardrobe stylist and costume designer for television and film, part of the design team at Harputs OWN and partner at American Apocolypse. At the Stylist Boutique, Rachel will be putting items from her own personal wardrobe on consignment at Bianca Starr in addition to decorating the storefront window. Join Bianca Starr for a BBQ celebration of their latest Stylist Boutique. No admission to attend.
The Farmers’ Block is a farmers market 2.0. This one supports farmers, artists, musicians, DJs, apparel vendors and more. No cost to attend.
- A Night Of Wine & Fashion, Saturday, June 5, 2010, Grand Hyatt Hotel, 345 Stockton Street, SF, 6:30-10:00pm
Enjoy an elegant evening of wine and fashion at the Grand Hyatt Hotel at Union Square. Seven local designers’ collections will be showcased on the runway and available for purchase at a special boutique trunk show at the event. The designers are ahReSihM, Royal Rabbit, Lorian Lindsay, Alyssa Bird, Rock Chiq, La Voice Clothing and Socola Sua. Complimentary wine and appetizers throughout the evening. General admission is $35 and VIP admission is $70.
Come for a luxurious evening of wine and shopping at the Vino Moda Wine Meets Fashion event. Enjoy wine and appetizers as you shop the collections of local designers.
LK Productions is presenting their latest fashion show featuring an amazing cast of up-and-coming designers. Nine designers will be featured on the runway, including the latest collection from Project Runway’s Christopher Straub. $25 limited advance ticket sales, $30 regular admission.
The Indie Mart is back for their throw down of the year and their 3rd anniversary party. Over 100 vendors will be selling their goods, ranging from designer handmade, and vintage, to art and baked treats. The Fashionist will also be on hand to take pictures of the most stylish people! This takes place at The Parkside at 17th Street and Wisconsin Street and all down Wisconsin street for several blocks.
- Think Pink! A Benefit Fashion Show, Sunday, June 6, 2010, Strada Salon & Day Spa, 2292 Lincoln Ave., SJ, 5:00 – 9:00 PM
Local designer Vanessa Barbery will be showcasing her collection at this fundraiser fashion show event with all proceeds going towards the fight against breast cancer. This will be an evening of fashion, live entertainment, gourmet food and drinks. Cost of tickets are $25 and can be ordered at 408-267-1178.
Spread the Love and Share this Article!