UPCOMING FASHIONABLE FUN EVENTS IN THE SF BAY AREA FOR THE WEEK OF MAY 16 – 23, 2010
- Marching (R)evolution – A Fashion Show, Monday, May 17, 2010, Horatius, 350 Kansas Street, SF, 7:00-10:00 PM
Come join designers Carly Mikkelson and Jasmin Jian showcase their military inspired Spring 2010 collections. This event will also includes live entertainment and DJs. Admission is free.
- Conversations: Fashion, Sustainability & Trend, Tuesday, May 18, 2010, The Dome, Westfield Mall, SF, 6:00-8:30 PM
The IFCSF and Fashion Group International invite you to a cocktail party featuring a panel discussion on fashion, sustainability and the latest trends. Speakers include Margaret Sche, Lynda Grose and Amy Williams. Cost is $20 with a $5 discount if you’re a member of either organization.
Join Chictopia and Crossroads Trading for a Diva Night Out in celebration of Sex And The City 2! Enjoy a night of shopping new and gently used clothes and enjoy refreshments at the Hotel Diva. Cost of admission is $10 and $8 for Chictopia members. http://divasatthediva.eventbrite.com/
Celebrate the launch of the new fashion collection be.sa at avant-garde supperchic. Supperclub throws this innovative fashion event which includes a behind the scenes look of what it takes to put on a fashion show. This is an exciting event you won’t want to miss. Cost of admission is $35 and includes dinner. RSVP is highly recommended at email@example.com or 415-348-0900.
- Sex+Design Launch Party, Wednesday, May 19, 2010, supperclub, 657 Harrison Street, SF, 8:00 PM – 2:00 AM
Join the launch of the new design magazine Sex+Design at supperclub! The evening will also include a special fashion show by local designers from FLAWK. There is also a fantastic DJ lineup for the evening. Admission is free if you RSVP on their Facebook event listing.
- Appel & Frank Chic Summer Soiree, Thursday, May 20, 2010, The Regency Center, Sutter Room, 1270 Sutter Street, SF, 5:00 – 9:00 PM
Appel & Frank are hosting their seasonal shopping event featuring over 65 designers. Cost of admission is $10 with a portion of the proceeds going to charity. www.appelandfrank.com
- Sex And The City 2/Alice@97.3 event, Thursday, May 20, 2010, Harlot, 46 Minna Street, SF, 5:30 – 7:30 PM
Alice invites you to thier Cosmos, Cupcakes and Couture party at Harlot. They will be giving away tickets for the SF premiere of Sex And The City 2 and additional prizes, such as a pair of Jimmy Choos. No cost to attend.
- Veronica Beard Trunk Show at Wilkes Bashford, Thursday, May 20, 2010, Wilkes Bashford, 375 Sutter Street, SF, 11:00 AM – 2:00 PM
Designer Veronica Miele Beard and Veronica Swanson Beard will be making an appearance at Wilkes Bashford this Thursday! This event is co-hosted by Vanessa Getty, Alexis Swanson Traina and Brooke Read. Enjoy the designers’ latest collection while you nibble on appetizers and sip champagne!
- A Night of Fun, Fashion & Fidos, Thursday, May 20, 2010, Mayes, 1233 Polk Street, SF, 8:00 PM – 2:00 AM
Rocket Dog Rescue is hosting another one of their fun fundraising events. The event starts at 8PM with the fashion show starting at 10PM. They have an impressive line-up of 9 designers featuring their collections. Admission is $15 at the door or $10 with RSVP. RSVP at G@theavant-gardist.com or call 415-309-3255.
- Fashion Mash-Up: Social Media in the Fashion Industry, Pigment Cosmetics, One Market Street, Thursday, May 20, 2010, 6:00 PM
SFFAMA presents another one of their interesting fashion panel discussions. This week learn about the affects of social media in the fashion industry by a panel of eight specialists in that field. Admission is a donation of $5 – $10 at the door.
- SF Bead & Design Show, Friday, May 21-Sunday, May 23, 2010, Hotel Whitcomb, 1231 Market Street, SF, 10:00 AM – 6:00 PM
This three day event is showcasing a range of design works, not limited to bead making. Come to shop and learn about different skills and techniques involved in various fashion designs. Admission is $10 and is good for all 3 days.
- The Warehouse Sample Sale, Saturday, May 22, 2010, Westin St. Francis, Grand Ballroom, 335 Powell Street, SF, 10:00 AM – 4:00 PM
The Warehouse Sale is back in SF, featuring deep discounts on designer clothes. RSVP for free admission or $5 at the door.
Come to this exciting fashion event at the Maker Faire. Bring a bag of old clothes and learn from designers how you can reconstruct and repurpose the items. There is also a ReMake fashion show at 5:00 PM.
STOREFRONT pop-up shop is happening this weekend featuring the fashion collections from local Etsy vintage dealers and the fashion photography of Michelle M. Mitchell.
- Urban Couture Fashion Art Expo, Saturday, May 22, 2010, Jack London Square, 2 Broadway Street, Oakland, 12:00-11:00pm
Come to this exciting, free fashion art expo featuring over 40 fashion and art vendors, live entertainment and more! The event includes a fashion show in the evening featuring six designers. Cost of admission for the fashion show is $10 and it’s for ages 21 and up.
This is the SF party of the year! Everyone gets glammed up in their finest black and white evening attire. Enjoy an evening of music, food and dancing in San Francisco’s Civic Center. Party pass tickets range from $200 to $325.
- Capsule Festival, Sunday, May 23, 2010, Hayes Valley Park, Octavia & Hayes Streets, SF, 11:00am-6:00pm
The Capsule Festival is a designer event taking place at the Hayes Valley Park. Over 100 vendors will be selling their designer goods at this event. No admission to attend.
Spread the Love and Share this Article!