Happy New Year fashionistas! I hope everyone has a fabulous, healthy and prosperous 2013! In reflecting on the past year, some of my favorite fashion moments of 2012, in no particular order:
1. Helmut Lang 2012 sweater collection. My favorite designer sweater collection of the last year, which I shopped a lot this past Fall – innovative knitting techniques and mixture of yarns resulting in kick-ass designs. Sweaters don’t need to be bulky and plain to keep a woman stylish and warm through the winter.
2. Makeup Forever Flash Color Case – a tip from a local makeup artist and fashion photographer lead me to the Makeup Forever collection. Vibrant colors, long lasting wear – just what a fashionista needs to pizazz up her look. (shopping tip: the online Sephora site offers special discounts on the Flash Color Case).
3. Camaraderie of the #TeamElena Project Runway tweeters for Elena Slivnyak’s Fan Favorite win.
4. Spending time with Thom & Manda!
|Sister Eden Asp in one of my favorite designs with the designer, Fernando Ruiz.|
|Sister Nancy Drew Blood!|
|My Supreme Beings outfit by IIMUAHII. Photo by Erica Henderson.|
6. Handling PR for the IIMUAHII “Supreme Beings” fashion show and getting to know Elena Slivnyak better. Great experience within PR/event promotions and wonderful working with other businesses that show their support to local designers through sponsorships.
|Rocking it out at Glamorama! The Patron band!|
7. Getting a compliment from Amy Heidemann of Karmin on my Swati Couture outfit at Macy’s Glamorama.
|Love Esteban – he’s so fierce and fabulous! Photo by Ed Jay.|
|One of my favorite SF Fashion Icons. Photo by Ed Jay.|
8. Running into one of my favorite MUAs, Esteban David, and meeting Yuri Pascarella at La Grande Fete.
|Lady Rizo. Photo by Steve Jennings/WireImage.|
|Designer Danielle Pettee & me. Photo by Steve Jennings/WireImage.|
|Stunning performance by Dita Von Teese. Photo by Steve Jennings/WireImage.|
9. Hanging out with SF’s most fashion fabulous at the La Maison Cointreau Party and seeing the multi-talented Lady Rizo and mesmerizing Dita Von Teese perform!
|At the de Young Museum. Photo by Ed Jay.|
10. Meeting Jean Paul Gaultier and getting receiving a compliment on my IIMUAHII corset.
|Wearable Art by Joshua Bernstein, styling by Monique Zhang. Photo by Steve Han.|
|Design by Joshua Bernstein. Photo by Moanalani Jeffrey.|
11. Modeling for SF Beautiful and showing support for this impactful non-profit!
12. Finding the Z-Rack through a desperate Google search to help with my clothes storage challenges – my racks kept collapsing and had poor stability. The Z-Rack is the best I’ve found and allows me to store more outfits.
|Maison martin Margiela H&M March. Photo by Herm Pugay.|
13. Marching for H&M through San Francisco. One of the most unusual marketing experiences I’ve ever experienced.
|A small portion of “Subterranea” by Lynn Rubenzer, featuring Michele Gates.|
immortalized drawn into my favorite San Francisco artist Lynn Rubenzer’s “Subterranea” painting, featured at Viracocha.
What are some of your favorite fashionable moments of 2012?