|Front row style at the Mulberry Autumn/Winter 2012 runway show. Photo by Gareth Cattermole/ Getty Images.|
People attending a runway show are on the lookout for fashion. Sometimes what is worn off the runway can catch more attention than what is on the runway. The front row at fashion shows get a lot of attention from attendees and photographers alike because it’s within eye-sight and lens range of the runway models. From the current fashion weeks that happened in London and New York City, here are some tips to look fashionable in the front row:
|Bold colored shoes. Mulberry Autumn/Winter 2012 runway show. Photo by Gareth Cattermole/Getty Images.|
1) Wear eye-catching shoes. If the whole outfit as a mute color, wear colored shoes to add extra splash. High heels and boots are always a top choice for fashion show attendees. If sitting in the front row, shoes that standout add a great visual for the runway sidelines.
|Iris Apfel on the runway at Joan Mastroianni Fall 2012 fashion show. Photo by Jason Kempin/Getty Images.|
2) Wear funky sunglasses or eyeglasses. However, if the person wearing them doesn’t know what they’re for, it might come across too pretentious.
|Anna Wintour in a striking print at the Michael Kors Fall 2012 fashion show. Photo by Dimitrios Kambouris/Getty Images for Michael Kors.|
3) Put on those prints. Whether they’re animal prints, plaids or graphics, they’ll make a statement and standout in the sea of solids.
|Trendy fringes! Mollie King at the David Koma Autumn/Winter 2012 fashion show. Photo by Stuart Wilson/Getty Images.|
4) Wear what’s trendy now. Someone can never go wrong with wearing a trendy fashionable outfit that is in style now.
|Anna Wintour in a luxurious coat at the Mary Katrantzou show at London Fashion Week Autumn/Winter 2012. Photo by Ian Gavan/Getty Images.|
5) Wrap yourself in luxurious coats. Wearing a beautiful coat makes a lasting impression on the outfit as a whole.
|KTZ runway show at London Fashion Week Autumn/Winter 2012. Photo by Stuart Wilson/Getty Images.|
6) Wear that red lipstick proudly. Red lipstick is always a standout in any setting.
|Fashion forward. Animaka Wilmont fashion show, London Fashion Week. Photo by Neil Mockford/Getty Images.|
7) Look fashion forward or outlandish. This always works in getting attention and can push one’s fashion boundaries.
|Don’t see any cell phones here. Photo by Samir Husein/Getty Images.|
8) Put that cell phone away. A cell phone can be such a distraction during a show. Save the discussion for another time or if photo taking, ask one of the professional photographers to e-mail you their pictures from the show. Then sit back and enjoy the show.
|Gorgeous hair styling! KTZ runway show during London Fashion Week Autumn/Winter 2012. Photo by Stuart Wilson/Getty Images.|
9) Coiffe that hair. It’s always a shame to see someone wearing an amazing outfit, but they didn’t comb their hair. Front row fashion can even go beyond grooming by doing special styling with the hair.
|This might be uncomfortable after an hour. Recommendation – cross at the ankles. Photo by Stuart Wilson/Getty Images.|
10) Look fashionable and comfortable. Short skirts or dresses are always attention getters, however they can be uncomfortable when wearing this in the front row for and trying to prevent people from getting a free peep show. If wearing a short skirt that is a must, remember to cross the legs at the ankle. This is a comfortable, elegant way to sit and prevents an uncomfortable and dreadful reveal.
|Anna Wintour, relaxed & enjoying herself. Photo by Ian Gavan/Getty Images.|
Above all else, wear a confident, positive attitude and enjoy oneself. Style always comes from the inside out. An uptight, pretentious person at a fashion show stands out like a loose hem on the runway. Enjoying the runway show with style is the best thing someone can do to polish off their look off the runway.