There’s a host of sample sales, trunk shows and fashion shows to check out this weekend. One of the rather unique events include a fashion show at the Super Hero Street Fair. Plus there’s lots of other great fashionable events that help support the local design community. Whatever you do, enjoy the weekend in style.
- Sample Sale of Casella Knitwear, Friday, July 9 & Saturday, July 10, 2010, The Style Studio, 2066 4th Street, San Rafael, 10:00 AM – 5:00 PM
Casella hand loomed knits are made-to-measure clothing for women who embrace versatile and effortless fashion. Other designers selling their items include Art to Wear Designs, Knits from Harriet Moss, Raincoats from Indigo Rainmaker, and Regmar Jewelry.
- Verrieres & Sako Trunk Show at Joi Boutique, Friday, July 9 – Sunday, July 11, 2010, 1915 Bridgeway, Sausalito, 5:00-8:00 PM (Friday), 12:00 – 5:00 PM (Saturday & Sunday)
Check out the Fall collection of Verrieres & Sako and shop 50% off styles from previous collections. Friday evening includes a cocktail reception where you will able to meet and mingle with the designer of Verrieres & Sako while your browse the racks. If you miss the reception, you’ll still have the chance to shop at the trunk show which continues through the whole weekend.
Cordarounds is hosting a summer party to launch their new website. This is your chance to get a rare glimpse inside their world headquarters, meet their robotic workforce and party with the staff. Dress code is stylish to ridiculously stylish and those wearing Cordarounds will receive special party favors.
Levi’s has opened up a summer workshop space where people can learn and appreciate the manual process behind printing techniques. At this event, Geoff Peveto, curator of Rock Paper Show, president of the American Poster Institute and partner in The Decoder Ring, an Austin based design collective, will be available to discuss the history of Flatstock and the steady growth of the gig poster community. Featured Rock Paper Show artist Jason Munn will also be in attendance. RSVP at the Levi’s workshop website.
Slide presents “Swirl into Summer’s Edge” fashion show featuring CCUOCO Designs. Trevor Hewitt, Brendan Coen, Desired Tempations and fashion photographer Damien Miller have been successfully able to execute this monthly fashion show that showcases a new designer each month. No cost to attend with RSVP at Odysseyentvip@gmail.com.
- The k11 Jumpin’ July Craft Sale, Saturday, July 10, 2010, The Knit-One-One Studio, 3360 Adeline Street, Berkeley, 10:00 AM – 4:00 PM
- Swankety Swank Artist Trunk Sale, Saturday, July 10, 2010, 289 Divisadero Street, SF, 11:00 AM – 6:00 PM
Come to the Swankety Swank Sidewalk Trunk Sale for an afternoon of fabulous local designer items and entertainment. There will be a range of vendors, from crafts to apparel. This is a great event to check out and support local businesses.
Wine, cheese and chocolates await you at When Modern Was’ summer event. The owner went on a buying trip to the East Coast and has come back with fabulous vintage jewelry pieces. This is a great store for finding vintage treasures
- Market SF Weekly Local Artist Market, Saturday, July 10, 2010, 12:00 – 6:00 PM, Blue Macaw, 2565 Mission Street, SF, 12:00 – 6:00 PM
Blue Macaw is hosting their weekly Artist Market, featuring the works of local designers and artists. Come enjoy their drink and food specials while you shop each of the designers’ collections.
- SuperHero Street Fair: Space Jazz, Saturday, July 10, 2010, Indiana Street & Cesar Chavez Street, SF, 12:00 PM – 12:00 AM
Come get dressed up for the 2nd Annual SuperHero Street Fair. This event features an impressive line-up of DJs, theatrical performances, a super power fashion show and a range of vendors. Cost to attend is $10 in Super Couture and $20 in mild-mannered dress.
- The Edwardian Era: Fashion, Hats & History 100 Years Ago, Saturday, July 10, 2010, San Mateo County History Museum, 2200 Broadway, Redwood City, 1:00 – 2:30 PM
The San Mateo County History Museum will present “The Edwardian Era: Fashion, Hats & History” fashion show and exhibition. Presenters will be Cherie Oliver and Deborah Rush of Fashions of YesterYear who will provide historical narration of the fashion show. Cost of admission is $5
- Shekhar Rahate Fashion Show, Saturday, July 10, 2010, 111 Minna Gallery, 111 Minna Street, SF, 6:00 – 9:00 PM
Designer Shekhar Rahate is presenting a showcase of international inspired evening gowns in an array of patterns, textures and embellishments. Shekhar has over 15 years of experience designing couture evening gowns and his works have been featured in many national and international beauty pageants and red carpet events. This will be a fabulous evening of couture you won’t want to miss. Cost to attend is $15 in advance and $20 at the door.
- Flo’s Closet Trunk Show, Sunday, July 11, 2010, MUD Studios, 2656 Bridgeway, Sausalito, 10:30 AM – 3:00 PM
Flo’s Closet is hosting a trunk show in Marin featuring the designs of Tamo, Miranda Caroligne, Ghetto Goldilocks, Silver Lucy, Miss G, Minerva’s Antennae, Dervish and more. Come support these local designers and shop!
- Summer Spa Shopping Day, Sunday, July 11, 2010, Indie Industries, 218 Columbus Avenue, SF, 2:00 – 4:00 PM
Indie Industries is hosting a special spa day! Come shop at their boutique and receive free mini massages along with goodies and treats. Plus 20% off all purchases with an indie rewards sign-up.
- Pure Blendz’ Spokesmodel Search Fashion Show, Sunday, July 11, 2010, Avalon Nightclub, 777 Lawrence Expressway, Santa Clara, 3:30 – 8:00 PM
Pure Blendz presents their 3rd Annual Spokesmodel Search Fashion Show for charity. This event will feature a fashion show of local designers and entertaining performances. Proceeds from the event will benefit the Susan G Komen Foundation. Cost to attend is $30 for general admission and $50 for VIP admission.
- OneMama Annual Fundraiser & Fashion Show, Sunday, July 11, 2010, 111 Minna Gallery, 111 Minna Street, SF, 4:00 – 9:30 PM
Groove to the sounds of DJ Jeremiah Kpoh and Afrolicious accompanied by local drum masters while being entertained by the annual OneMama Fashion Show. The event will also feature guest speakers and the amazing photography of Pilar Woodman. Cost to attend is $20 minimum donation which includes food, music, fashion and fun!
Spread the Love and Share this Article!