Fashionable Events in the SF Bay Area, Week of May 9 – May 16
- Josh Podoll Trunk Show, Wednesday, May 12, 2010, Eco Citizen Boutique, 1488 Vallejo Street, SF, 5:00-8:00pm
Join Eco Citizen Boutique for their first trunk show featuring local designers Josh and Lauren Podell. They will be previewing their Fall 2010 collection.
- Stylin’: Bay Area Rock Fashion 1963-73, Thursday, May 13, 2010, Veterans Building, 401 Van Ness Avenue, 7:00 PM
The Museum of Performance & Design is presenting a lively panel discussion with rare film clips and photographs, exploring Rock ‘n’ Roll’s influence on fashion in the 1960’s and early 70’s. Admission is $15.
- Survival of Summer: Fashion & Art Exhibition, Thursday, May 13, 2010, Project One Gallery, 251 Rhode Island, SF, 8:00 PM – 2:00 AM
This is a Survival of Summer exhibit of fashion and art at Project One Gallery. In addition, there will be live entertainment and DJ’s performing through the night.
A visit to SFMOMA always inspires style and fashion. Come celebrate their 75th Anniversary Birthday Bash! Get dressed up to the nines as you see the museum transformed into an elegant party venue with specialty drinks and treats and live entertainment. Admission is $150 general and $125 for SFMOMA members.
Combine cutting edge fashion, the best beat DJ’s and street food vendor carts and you’ll know you’re at a Mighty party. Beginning at 7:00 PM, local designers will be showcasing and selling their collections. Admission is free from 7:00 to 9:00 PM, $10 before 11:00 PM.
- Swirl Into Pink, A Garden Of Roses, Friday, May 14, 2010, Slide, 430 Mason Street, SF, 9:00 PM – 2:00 AM
Check out designer Melissa Bolin’s latest collection at posh nightclub Slide. This millinery expert is bringing out her best for this Friday’s show. Contact Slide to be on the guest list (45) 421-2196.
- 1st Gear Underwear Fashion Show, Friday, May 14, 2010, Club Trigger, 2344 Market Street, SF 12:00 AM
1st Gear Underwear is celebrating their launch with a fashion show featuring their collection. The show starts at midnight on Friday evening.
- Refashioning: The Basics of Slow Fashion, Saturday, May 15, 2010, Oakopolis Gallery, 447-25th St., Oakland, 11:00am-6:00pm
This is a great workshop to learn the basics in hand and machine sewing. Sliding scale of $15 to $30, with a $5 materials fee.
Come check out this sidewalk sale featuring locally produced items.
- Trunk Show: Glam up for the Black & White Ball, Saturday, May 15, 2010, The Westin St. Francis, Yorkshire Room, 335 Powell Street, SF, 11:00 AM – 7:00 PM
Local jewelry designer Susan Jane will be showing her collection at a 50% discount. Her jewelry has been carried by Kate Spade, Henri Bendel, Anthropologie and Nordstorm.
- Fashion for a Cause, Saturday, May 15, 2010, Moose Lodge, 7535 Mission Street, Daly City, 6:00 – 9:00 PM
“Fashion for a Cause” is a fashion show featuring designs from Fashion Arts & Youth Enterprise students and Crisanta Malig. Cost of admission is $15 at the door or $10 prepaid. Contact Crisanta Malig for ticket details at firstname.lastname@example.org or 415-341-6371.
- Charity Fashion Show, Saturday, May 15, 2010, White Fashion Tent, Roble Field, 351 Santa Teresa, Stanford, CA, 7pm, www.charityfashionshow.org
This is the largest fashion show on the West Coast! Over 30 designers will be showcasing their collections on the runway. Only several hundred tickets are left, so make sure you buy your tickets in advance at their website www.charityfashionshow.org. General admission is $35.
- Fashion Show & MUA Battle, Saturday, May 15, 2010, San Jose State Barret Ballroom, 101 Washington Square, San Jose, 7:00 – 10:00 PM
Come see the collections of some of the Bay Area’s best fashion designers. Eight local designers will be featuring their styles on the runway. The event starts at 7:00 PM.
This is part of the Urban Couture Fashion Art Expo promotional events. Enjoy a fashion show preview by Loft 1513 Boutique, iKohl and House of Lamadora. RSVP to email@example.com.
- Wild Forest Night, Saturday, May 15, 2010, British Banker’s Club , 1090 El Camino, Menlo Park, 9:00 PM – 2:00 AM
Come check out Bay Area designer Anna Belaya’s latest collection “Amazon” and “Jungle Books.” Local band “The Bonedrivers” will provide additional entertainment through the evening.
- Charity Fashion Show, Frugalista Designer Sample Sale, Sunday, May 16, 2010, Stanford University, Tressider Student Union, 459 Lagunita, Stanford, 12:00 – 4:00 PM
Straight from the runway and to the trunk show, see the designer collections from the Charity Fashion Show. Most of the designers will be selling their items at this event. A percentage of the proceeds will be donated to Kiva.org!
- Uptown Girls Night Out Shopping & Pampering Soiree, Sunday, May 16, 2010, Uptown Body and Fender, 401-26th Street, Oakland, 3:00-7:00pm
Enjoy a shopping and pampering soiree by Uptown. For $15, pamper yourself with ultra fab beauty and fashion finds, nosh and nibble and the candy dessert bar and enjoy the fact that it’s all for charity.
- Fashion Takeover, Sunday, May 16, 2010, This Must Be The Place, 2022 Telegraph Ave., Oakland, 9:00pm-2:00am
It’s another fashion takeover event by Urban Couture. This event features a fashion show by Skylier Wear. RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org
Spread the Love and Share this Article!