UPCOMING FASHIONABLE FUN EVENTS IN the sf bay area
- Material Girl Unveiled, Tuesday, August, 3, 2010, Macy’s Union Square, SF, 10:00 -11:00 AM & 3:00 -4:00 PM
Madonna and her daughter Lola’s new fashion collection Material Girl, hits the San Francisco Macy’s department store. People are encouraged to wear their favorite Material Girl look for the chance to win prizes. A guest DJ will be spinning Madonna tunes while shopping her new collection. There will be a runway show at 10:30 AM featuring the new Material Girl line. There’s a launch party at 10:00 – 11:00 AM and 3:00 – 4:00 PM. No cost to attend.
- avant garde supperchic, Tuesday, August 3, 2010, supperclub, 657 Harrison Street, SF, 7:00 – 11:00 PM
Supperclub SF’s popular monthly avant garde supperchic fashion show will be featuring the designs of Nancy Delos Reyes and Elizabeth Siedow. In addition, there will be other surprise guests from SF Chic Fashion Week. The three course dinner (7:00 PM) is $35 and includes entertainment. Free admission after 9:00 pm. Call (415) 348-0900 to reserve your spot.
- Chic Fashion Week Trunk Show at Wonderland, Tuesday, August 3, 2010, 2929 24th Street, SF, 7:00 – 11:00 PM
Chic Mission boutique Wonderland is hosting a trunk show as a part of Chic Fashion Week. Come enjoy DJd music while you shop from collections of featured Chic Fashion Week local designers. No cost to attend.
- Pop Art Pop-Up with DNA fashion & SF Station, Wednesday, August 4, 2010, Space Gallery, 1141 Polk Street, SF, 6:00 – 9:30 PM
Designers and Artists (DNA) and SF Station invite you to an evening of art, fashion, shopping and champagne! This event at Space Gallery will be featuring the new works of artist Oliver Maxwell Kupper and the exclusive pop-up fashions by Serial Cultura, Van Kim Le, and streetwear label Free Gold Watch. Complimentary Pop-Tarts will be served along with champagne specials through the evening. No cost to attend. RSVP at email@example.com.
- Chic Fashion Week: Art Meets Fashion, Wednesday, August 4, 2010, The Artist Alley, 863 Mission Street, SF, 7:00 – 10:00 PM
This Chic Fashion Week event Art Meets Fashion will be featuring a body-art fashion show with the designs of Caley Johnson (Miss G Designs). Check out the gallery while you see live body art painting in action. Cover of $10 donation suggested.
- Sister Corita Silkscreen Workshop with Aaron Rose, Thursday, August 5, 2010, 580 Valencia Street, SF, 3:00 – 7:00 PM
Join Aaron Rose (artist and curator) for a public screenprinting workshop. Sister Corita Kent is one of the most iconic California artists from the sixties and seventies. At this workship, people will be using her imagery to create new layered silkscreen compositions. Bring something to print on or use their supplies. There is also an exhibition of Corita serigraphs.
Craft Bar with Etsy Labs is the Museum of Craft & Folk Art’s monthly series to connect people to the crafting community. This month’s event will be featuring a wide range of projects that people can try first-hand, including silk-screening, embroidery and knitting/crocheting. Craft Bar is free with $5 admission to the gallery.
Bloomingdale’s and Theory invite you to Theory First Thursdays. Drink, mingle and shop! This after-work shopping party is the perfect place for the weekend-wardrobe prep. Special gifts with purchases over $350.
- Official Kickoff Party of Chic Fashion Week, Thursday, August, 5, 2010, Slide, 430 Mason Street, SF, 9:00 PM – 2:00 AM
This night of Chic Fashion Week, designers will be showcasing their HIV/AIDS awareness challenge looks, which are styled around the Until There’s A Cure bracelets. Party-goers will have the chance to see these pieces in a fashion show, as well as learn more about the cause and purchase bracelets for themselves. No cost to attend.
- Swankety Swank Designer Showcase with Das and Zunique, Thursday, August 5, 2010, 289 Divisadero Street, SF, 6:00 – 9:00 PM
This is a private VIP night of shopping with the daring designers Deborah Sciales of DAS and Sheila Zuni of Zunique. Find men’s and women’s succulent, sophisticated attire for the playa, the art opening or the ballroom. Hors’ devours by Chef for Hire. Space is limited, so RSVP to attend.
- Back To School Fashion Show At Great Mall, Friday, August 6, 2010, Great Mall, Milpitas, 1:00 & 3:00 PM
See the hottest back -to-school trends from many of the Great Mall’s popular retailers, including Neiman Marcus, A’GACI, Kohl’s and others. Fashion show takes place at 1:00 and 3:00 PM at the Entrance 2 Court at Great Mall.
- Chic Fashion Week event hosted by Waukeen McCoy and Charleston Pierce, Friday, August 6, 2010, The Historic Four Galleries Estate, 21 East Buena Vista Ave, SF, 6:00 – 9:30 PM
Waukeen McCoy and Charleston Pierce are hosting this Chic Fashion Week event at the historic Four Galleries Estate in the Haight district of SF. Come to this elegant evening of fashion featuring a runway show with designs by Monique Zhang. Donation of $20 at the door to benefit Until There’s A Cure.
Celebrate Zivity’s birthday, re-launch of their website an enjoy watching amazing runway models strip off their designer clothes to the highest bidders for their charities. VIP reception from 6:00 to 8:00 PM includes special gifts and entertainment. General admission after 8:00 PM with the runway show starting at 9:00 PM. Designers participating include Sugarpuss, Danielle Pettee, Invisible Hero Industries, Steam Trunk, MonTree, Chrystie Cappelli and others. VIP tickets are sold out. General Admission tickets are $50.
NAAFA is hosting a runway show featuring plus-size fashion designers. Talented designers will be showing that women of any age and size has the opportunity to be dressed in style and comfort. For more information and to purchase tickets, please go to www.naafa.org
- Project Runway finalist Carol Hannah at Bridal Bridesmaid, Saturday, August 7, 2010, 465 N. Santa Cruz Ave., Suite A, Los Gatos, 10:00 AM – 6:00 PM
Season Six Project Runway finalist Carol Hannah Whitfield will hold a trunk show displaying her much anticipated bridal collection of 14 made-to-order dresses. Come meet the designer in person and be one of the first to view her new collection. RSVP at (408) 399-4649 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Get your green lifestyle items at the Beehive Market! The vendors participating produce locally with sustainable material – organic, recycled and reused. Shop and feel good about it! There will be live musical performances and entertainment while people shop. No cost to attend.
- Chic Fashion Week Established Designer Show, Saturday, August 7, 2010, SF Design Center, 101 Henry Adams Street, SF, 5:30 PM – 2:00 AM
This night of Chic Fashion Week will feature 20 of San Francisco’s best and most established designers. The show includes a VIP Gala, vendor opportunities and surprise performances. Some of the participating designers include SWATI Couture, Danielle Pettee, Domonique Echeverria, Tosca Soraya, Kitty Andrews Millinery, Alexandria Von Bromssen, and Shekhar Rahate. General admission ticket is $40 and VIP ticket is $75.
- Chic Fashion Week: Emerging Designers Night, Sunday, August 8, 2010, SF Design Center, SF, 3:00 – 10:00 PM
This afternoon show will eature over ten of San Francisco’s best emerging talent on the Chic Fashion Week runway. The show includes a vendor fair, surprise performances and a Capture after-party.
This is a Burning Man fundraiser for Terraform is a night of performance, music, art, fashion and food. Fashions being showcased are from Invisible Hero Industries, Everblaise Designs, Magdalena Trever, Warrior Within, Primal Curiosities, P-Kok, and Mountain Medicine Men. Admission is $10 before 11:00 PM.
Spread the Love and Share this Article!