UPCOMING FASHIONABLE FUN EVENTS IN THE sf bay area, week of June 14 – June 20, 2010
- Avant garde supperchic fashion show, Tuesday, June 15, 2010, supperclub, 657 Harrison Street, SF 6:00 – 11:30 PM
Supperclub SF’s monthly supperchic event returns with a fashion show by designers Stephanie Stayer and Rachel Brooks. Enjoy supperclub’s 3-course dinner special and fashion inspired entertainment before the fashion show, which starts at 9:30 PM. 3-course dinner costs $34.95. The fashion show portion of the evening is free after 9:00 PM.
- Diva Eve Clothing Swap, Tuesday, June 15, 2010, Fluid Ultra Lounge, 662 Mission Street, SF, 7:00 – 10:00 PM
Swap out your clothing treasures you no longer wear for some new gems! Clothing Swap is hosting Diva Eve at Fluid Lounge. As with all their events, enjoy clothes swapping, complimentary spa treatments, drink specials, great food to nibble on, fun socializing and Dj’d music. Cost to attend it $20 with a minimum of 10 clothing items.
- Open Call/Portfolio Night, Wednesday, June 16, 2010, Pigment Cosmetics, One Market Street, SF, 6:00 – 9:00 PM
SFFAMA is auditioning for models, photographers, interns, makeup artists, hairstylists, stylists and designers. Come out and bring out your fashionable best.
- Indulgence Lounge Inaugural Event, Thursday, June 17, 2010, The Payne Mansion, 1409 Sutter Street, SF, 5:30 – 9:00 PM
Come inside the newly renovated Payne Mansion for an evening of jazz music, fine wines, and fashion. Ticket cost is $50 presale and $55 at the door.
SFFAMA hosts “Fashion Mash-Up”, their discussion panel event featuring experts in the fashion industry. This event is focusing on women entrepreneurs within the industry. Cost to attend is $10 donation at the door.
- Jewelry Trunk Show to benefit The Art of Yoga Project, Thursday, June 17, 2010, 1500 Cole Street, SF, 7:00 – 9:00 PM
Check out the newest Red Haute Jewelry designs and help support The Art of Yoga Project. Special discounts on the collection throughout the evening, with a portion os sales being donated to the nonprofit.
- Dance With Me Fashion Show, Thursday, June 17, 2010, Slide, 420 Mason Street, SF, 10:00 PM – 2:00 AM
Slide’s “Dance With Me” event features a live art show by Ian Ross, jewelry fashion show by DAME and awesome dance music all night. No cover to attend with RSVP (415-421-1916).
- Scionify Launch Event, Thursdsay, June 17, 2010, Temple Nightclub, 540 Howard Street, SF, 10:00 PM – 2:00 AM
Scion is bringing together music, art and fashion to launch their new website www.scionify.us. Trend setting musicians, designers, visual artists, event producers, artists and creativity connoisseurs will converge for a celebration you won’t want to miss. No cost to attend. RSVP and early arrival is highly recomended.
- Tea Collection Sample Sale, Friday, June 18, 2010, Fiddlesticks, 540 Hayes Street, SF, 9:00 AM – 7:00 PM
Score some items from SF’s stylish children’s clothing line Tea Collection. You won’t want to miss this summer sample sell to stock up on items for the little fashionistas in your life. Samples and past season items will be sold at low prices, ranging in sizes from 0 – 8 for both girls and boys.
Decadestwo and Hautelook are hosting a luxury designer consignment sale at Fort Mason’s Fire House in San Francisco.
- Fashion Show Fundraiser, Friday, June 18, 2010, New Asia Restaurant, 722 Pacific Avenue, SF, 6:00 – 10:00 PM
The Asian American Veterans Legion is hosting a fundraiser dinner and a fashion show at New Asia Restaurant in SF. Three local designers will be featuring their collections, including the latest swimsuit collection from designer Constance Ng and couture collection from Victor Tung. Cost for the dinner and fashion show is $40. (415) 392-2882.
- The Frail, Fans Of Jimmy Century and others, Friday, June 18, 2010, Milk Bar, 1840 Haight Street, SF, 9:00 PM – 2:00 AM
Fashionable fans of music need to check out Fans of Jimmy Century, appearing Friday at Milk Bar in San Francisco. Not only do they put on an amazing performance, but their trendsetting attire will inspire all fashionistas alike. Doors open at 8:00 PM, $8 cover.
- MAC Viva Glam Event, Friday, June 18, 2010, Club Pearl, 8 South 1st Street, San Jose, 10:00 PM – 2:00 AM
Enjoy designer DJs and festivities by MAC Makeup artists at this South Bay fundraiser for the MAC Aids Fund. Fashion show by Executive Lifestyles, Rebel Voices, Revelation by Me and Serena Hughes Design. Cost to attend is $10 presale.
- North Beach Festival, Saturday, June 19 & Sunday, June 20, 2010, North Beach, SF, 10:00 AM – 6:00 PM
San Francisco’s 56th Annual North Beach Festival is always a great place for people watching, entertainment and shopping the booths. No cost to attend.
THREAD is a part of San Francisco’s best designer showcase, SF Design Week! The Thread Show is a showcase of the best emerging fashion designers. Shop throughout the day at discounts of up to 80% off of the designer collections. The event will include two fashion shows, DJ entertainment, live art shows, drink specials, complimentary snacks and more. $10 to attend with a $2 discount with RSVP.
Come shop at SF’s new weekly artist market featuring over 50 local artists and designers each week. Check their website for the full listing of participating designers: www.market-sf.com.
- United Streets of Fashion, Saturday, June 19, 2010, San Francisco Design Center Galleria, SF, 7:00pm
The Art Institute of California is hosting their annual fashion show, United Streets of Fashion. Over 20 dynamic fashion students will be featuring their collections at this fabulous evening of fashion. VIP tickets are $50 each. $20 general admission in advance and $25 at the door.
- Fundraiser Fashion Show, Sunday, June 20, 2010, Temple Bar & Lounge, 52 South 1st Street, San Jose, 4:00 – 10:00 PM
When Fashion Meets Films & Celebrities is a “Fashion Show for A Cause.” South Bay designer Debbie Nghiem has chosen 10 influential women within the Bay Area to model her elegant evening wear. The fashion show will take place from 4:00 – 6:00 PM with an after party from 6:00 to 10:00 PM. Cost to attend is $10 in advance and $15 at the door.