Upcoming Fashion Events in the SF Bay Area
Monday, February 20th thru Sunday, February 26th, 2012
It’s an exciting week for fashion in San Francisco with many designers showcasing their works on the runway. supperclub is showcasing two of the featured from SF Fashion Week on Friday, SFFAMA is going to rock it out with another one of their events featuring an amazing line up of designers, and producer Mario B. is bringing out fashion in the East Bay with the popular annual “Say It Loud” runway show. In addition, make sure to hit up the sample sales and flea markets happening through the weekend. However you spend your week, enjoy it with style.
- Alessi Annual Warehouse Sale, Monday, February 20 thru Wednesday, February 29, 2012, 424 Sutter Street, SF, 10:00 am to 6:00 pm
Fashionable Italian houseware store Alessi is having their annual warehouse and sample sale through February 29, 2012. The SF store is their only West Coast store having this special sale with savings of up to 70%. Discounts will be offered on discontinued items, irregulars and floor samples. Discounted items include La Cintura di Orione stockpots (originally $288, now $144), the Birds & Clouds sushi set (originally $105, now $31.50) and the Mediterraneo tea light holder (originally $36, now $10.80).
- SFMade How to Manufacture Locally, Tuesday, February 21, 2012, TechShop – 926 Howard Street, SF, 6:00 to 8:00 pm
If you are planning to produce clothing or accessories, this event is for you. SFMade is hosting a workshop on key areas of importance when manufacturing locally. This interactive and supportive event will prepare people to set-up and own manufacturing operations or use contract manufacturers. Cost to attend is $30.
- Fashion+TechSF Presents: Mentors & Apprentices, Tuesday, February 21, 2012, FIDM – 55 Stockton Street, SF, 5:30 to 8:30 pm
Non-profit Fashion+TechSF presents their latest in the Mentors & Apprentices series. This is a career workshop and networking event for the fashion, technology and creative industries in the SF Bay Area. The panel will discuss their experience followed by a Q&A session. Cost to attend is $10 or free with Student ID.
- Little Blank Canvas Opening Reception, Wednesday, February 22, 2012, Art Institute of California, 1170 Market Street, SF, 5:00 to 6:00 pm
The Art Institute of California presents the opening reception of the Little Black Canvas fashion illustration. This exhibit celebrates the artistic talents and creativity of the students in the fashion programs at the school. A panel of industry and academic professionals will judge the student pieces, with the highest scores being acknowledged at the reception. No cost to attend. The exhibit will remain on display through Friday, March 30th.
- All Vintage Everything #sanfrancisco, Thursday, February 23, 2012, Sub-Mission Gallery, 2183 Mission Street, SF, 5:30 to 9:30 pm
- Shakespeare in Love – Theatrical Fashion Show, Thursday, February 23, 2012, Circa Lounge, 2001 Chestnut Street, SF, 6:00 to 9:00 pm
Come experience a stimulating theatrical fashion show by AGI Fashion Productions. The reception starts at 6:00 pm with live entertainment, followed by a vintage fashion show at 7:15 pm. The vintage collection of local shops and designers will be showcased on the runway. Cost to attend is $15.
- Bloomingdale’s Fashionable Fundraiser, Friday, February 24, 2012, San Francisco & Stanford Shopping Center, Palo Alto, 10:00 am to 9:00 pm
Shop and Support! Join Bloomingdale’s in their fundraiser for Mentoring USA, a non-profit dedicated to creating positive and supportive mentoring relationships for at-risk youths. Receive a 15% to 20% discount on purchases and support a great cause.
- Martha Davis Spring 2012 Shoe Collection Launch Party, Friday, February 24, 2012, The Workshop Residence – 833 22nd Street, SF, 6:00 to 9:00 pm
San Francisco fashion footwear designer Martha Davis is unveiling her newest, exclusive shoe collection. Come meet the designer at the Workshop Residence launch party and find out what this talented designer has been focusing all her creativity upon.
- supperclub Runway Show, Friday, February 24, 2012, Supperclub – 657 Harrison Street, SF, 10:00 pm to 2:00 am
Join supperclub for their latest fashion event featuring the collections of local fashion designers Kajan Pradriag and Jackee Princeau. Both designers were a hit at San Francisco Fashion Week last fall. Come see what new creations they have in store for everyone. In addition, accessory line Stella & Dot will have a special trunk show for attendees. Doors open at 10:00 pm and the fashion show starts at 11:00 pm, with a special supperclub performance afterwards at midnight. Ticket cost is $15 in advance.
- Long Tall Sally’s “Pop-Up Shop”, Saturday, February 25, 2012, Marriott Fisherman’s Wharf, 1250 Columbus Avenue, 9:00 am to 5:00 pm
Long Tall Sally brings “tall fashion” to San Francisco with a special shopping event feature the spring/summer collection of apparel and accessories. The pop-up shop will featuring everything from suiting, to denim, to dresses and more. All designed for tall women so that everything fits properly and proportionally.
- Treasure Island Flea Market, Saturday, February 25 & Sunday, February 26, 2012, Avenue of the Palms, Treasure Island, 10:00 am to 5:00 pm Every last weekend of the month
Treasure Island is the perfect venue to enjoy treasure hunting for unique items from Bay Area designers, collectors, makers, artists, crafters, food purveyors and wineries. While shopping, enjoy live entertainment and feast on some of the best specialty foods of the Bay. Cost to attend is $3.
- SF Fleamarket, Saturday, February 25 & Sunday, February 26, 2012, Fort Mason Center, SF, 11:00 am to 6:00 pm
SF Flea is a two-day market featuring San Francisco Bay Area artists, designers, merchants, artisanal food and beverage purveyors and local businesses. This is a curated flea market with a blend of local design, style, food, art and entertainment. Admission is $5 for adults and free for children under the age of 12. Proceeds from ticket sales will benefit non-profit ECO SF.
Take a quick break from hectic, over-scheduled lives to relax with girlfriends at the Gal-A-Palooza Women’s Expo. The event offers fashion, beauty, shopping, pampering, makeovers, inspirational speakers and more. Presented by the Benicia Main Street, more than 40 businesses will welcome women to shop, learn, relax and unwind.
- Dazzle the Runway Extravaganza, Saturday, February 25, 2012, West Valley College Theater, 14000 Fruitvale Avenue, Saratoga, 6:00 to 9:00 pm
- Reflections Magazine Fashion Mixer, Saturday, February 25, 2012, Laquinta Inn, 920 University Avenue, Berkeley, 6:00 to 10:30 pm
Reflections Magazine is hosting a fashion industry. The evening includes a networking mixer and a live photo shoot with Reflections Magazine and models wearing fashions from designer Debbie Nghiem of GG Connections. There is a suggested donation of $5 at the door.
- SFFAMA Presents: LOVE+ROCK&ROLL: Project San Francisco 2012, Saturday, February 25, 2012, American Industrial Center, 1180 Illinois Street #103, SF, 6:00 to 10:00 pm
Project SF is the annual runway event for recent graduates and alumni from fashion schools and universities to showcase their collections as they embark on prospective careers within the fashion industry. The designers are Alyssa Casares, Bradley Douglas Jordan, Dallas Coulter & Melissa Tan, Jamielyn Dugan and Amanda Chan. Cost to attend is $20 general admission and $10 for students with current ID.
- Say it Loud 70’s Fashion Show, Saturday, February 25, 2012, Malonga Casquelourd Center, 1428 Alice Street, Oakland, 8:00 to 10:00 pm
Mario B. Productions hosts the seventh annual “Say It Loud 1970’s Fashion Show”. Come check out 70’s inspired fashion on the runway by local designers. Cost to attend is $20 to $30.
- A Soolip Wedding, Sunday, February 26, 2012, The Bently Reserve, 301 Battery Street, SF, 11:00 am to 3:00 pm
Considered to be the wedding event of choice by the industry’s most distinguished bridal resources in California, A Soolip Wedding elevates the art of getting married to an extraordinary experience. Check out the offerings of a range of vendors and enjoy a fashion show of the latest in bridal apparel. Cost to attend is $45.
- Nohi, Livie & Luca, and Effie’s Heart Warehouse Sample Sale, Sunday, Februry 26, 2012, 2096 Walsh Avenue – Suite A, Santa Clara, 11:00 am to 2:00 pm
Local brands Effie’s Heart, Nohi Kids Clothing and Livie and Luca children’s shoes is having their biyearly warehouse and sample sale. This is the perfect opportunity to clothe the entire family in locally made, unique designer merchandise. Check out the new collections and score some great deals on samples and past season’s merchandise.
- Quinceañera Expo, Sunday, February 26, 2012, Solano County Fairgrounds – 900 Fairgrounds Dr., Vallejo, 12:00 to 5:00 pm
Quinceañera Expo is an event like no other. It has been created with quinceañeras in mind and is design to focus exclusively on everything a future Quinceañera will need for their event. In addition to vendors, there will be a fashion show displaying what the most fashionable belle of the ball would wear. Who wouldn’t want to see what it takes to make a Quinceañera dream a reality. Cost to attend is $5.
- Fashion in Art: Fig Leaf to Finery, Sunday, February 26, 2012, Legion of Honor – 100 34th Avenue, SF, 2:15 pm
As part of the latest Legion of Honor exhibit “The Cult of Beauty: The Victorian Avant-Garde”, learn about fashion inspired in art, from the fig leaf to luxurious finery. Docent Ellen Harden will lead the talk and discussion at the Florence Gould Theater in the museum. Free with museum admission of $11.
- Academy of Friends 2012 Awards Night Gala, Sunday, February 26, 2012, Galleria Design Center – 101 Henry Adams Street, SF, 5:00 to 11:00 pm
Join the Academy of Friends at the Galleria Design Center for an evening of secrets, sips and stunning styles as they celebrate the Academy Awards night. Bid on sinful vacations, sexy jewels and stimulating fashions in the Silent Auction. Enjoy libations from the best restaurants, distilleries and wineries while you enjoy live entertainment. Watch the Academy Awards broadcast and enter raffle drawings to win fabulous prizes. Ticket cost to attend is $250 in advance or $300 at the door with proceeds benefiting HIV/AIDS Organizations in the Bay Area.