Fashionable Fun Events in the SF Bay Area for the week of October 17th thru October 23rd, 2011
SFMade is hosting an orientation to give people an overview of SFMade’s programs and services and learn how they help make manufacturing companies succeed. No cost to attend.
- PRSSA Fashion Public Relations, Wednesday, October 19, 2011, San Jose State University, Dwight-Bentel & Hall Communication, 6:00 to 9:00 pm
Interested in knowing about fashion public relations, staying in the know about styles and trends, and pitching to high end clients. PRSSA will be joined by the president of San Jose Fashion Week to talk about this and much more.
- Timberland Sundance Film Festival Style Night Out, Wednesday, October 19, 2011, Timberland Store, 845 Market Street, SF, 6:00 to 8:00 pm
Timberland is gearing up for its series of “Sundance Film Festival Style Night Out” events! Guests can check out the latest fashion-forward seasonal boots for women from the Timberland Fall 2011 collection and consult with stylist Maggie Hong. Enjoy drinks and appetizers while listening to DJ’d music and getting pictures taken by fashion photographer Caroline Schiff. No cost to attend.
|Photograph by Lindsay Garvey.|
- Cake Plate Boutique Launches Napa Valley Film Festival Pop-up Shop, Wednesday, October 19, 2011, Cake Plate Boutique, 1000 Main Street, Napa, 6:30 to 9:00 pm
Cake Plate Boutique has a new pop-up shop partnership with the Napa Vally Film Festival. The two are hosting a specialty shop inside of Cake Plate Boutique from October 12th until November 15th – replete with 29 Cosmetics, Rachel Horn Interiors and Jeffery Levin jewelry. On Wednesday, October 19th there will be a special stylish screening to the Film Festival. No cost to attend.
A charitable event to get dressed up for is the 8th Annual Benefit Art Auction for the SF Children’s Art Center at 11 Minna Gallery in San Francisco. Mingle, nosh and bid on amazing art from local artists. Make sure to also fit in some time for some great sample sales and fashion events.
- Fox Warehouse Sample Sale, Thursday, October 20 to Sunday, October 23, 2011, 18800 Adams Court, Morgan Hill, 10:00 am to 7:00 pm
Save up to 75% at the Fox Warehouse Sale, starting October 20th thru the 23rd and then 5 additional consecutive weekends ending November 27th. Load up on stylish shoes, clothing and accessories.
- N.I.C.E. Collective Deep Discount Moving Sale, Thursday, October 20, 2011, 2111 Market Street, SF, 11:00 am to 9:00 pm
Menswear boutique N.I.C.E. Collective will be packing up and moving from their current Castro district location to their shiny new digs in the Dogpatch. To lighten the load, the shop will be offering 30% off all merchandise in the store, including their latest fall threads by the in-house label.
- Chaiken & Capone Sample Sale, Thursday, October 20 & Friday, October 21, 2011, 116 New Montgomery Street, Suite 820, SF, 11:00 am to 6:00 pm
Shop amazing discounts at the Chaiken and Capone Sample Sale! There will be a variety of merchandise and one-of-a-kind samples at the sale available in sizes 2-6. No cost to attend.
- Recycled, Reclaimed, Revenue, Thursday, October 20, 2011, Recology Transfer Station & Environmental Learning Center, 401 Tunnel Avenue, SF, 3:00 to 5:00 pm
This event spotlights the creations of the Recology Artist-In-Residence program and the materials available for the public in use for manufacturing and design. There will be alumni artists who will share examples of actual products made using reclaimed materials. Cost to attend is $20.
- Great Mall Hosts Style Stops, Thursday, October 20, 2011, 447 Great Mall Drive, Milpitas, 5:00 to 9:00 pm
Style shop at the Great Mall will feature 15 of the mall’s most fashion forward retailers, in addition to in store events. Attendees will have access to a fashion stylist for one-on-one consult on looks, accessorizing and more.
- Fashion & Tech Workshop, Thursday, October 20, 2011, Pigment Cosmetics, 1 Market Street, Ste. 140, SF, 5:30 to 9:00 pm
SFFAMA is hosting a Fashion + Tech workshop with the topic of how to maintain successful online boutiques. Cost to attend is $10.
- 440 Brannan Fall Sale Event, Thursday, October 20, 2011, 440 Brannan Studio Showroom, SF, 6:00 to 10:00 pm
The designer showroom at 440 Brannan is opening up its doors for a special sale featuring top local fashion brands gr.dano, Zansus Purses, Jonathan Baker, Hieros, Suzy Tamimi and MENK. This is one night only, so come mingle with designers and peruse their latest fall designs at a discounted price!
- Grit, Gloss & Glamour: 7th Anniversary Party, Thursday, October 20, 2011, Saffron Rare Threads, One Embarcadero Center, SF, 6:00 to 9:00 pm
Local fashion brand Saffron Rare Threads is celebrating the grit, gloss and glamour it has taken to make it to their 7th Anniversary. Join them for food, drinks, fashion show and giveaways!
Refinery29 is hosting a special event! Enjoy a custom jewelry event and trunk show with Bliss Lau while your listening to music by local band The Soft White Sixties. Wine and champagne provided by Rock Wall Wines. No cost to attend.
If you missed the opportunity to shop the sample sales on Thursday, you have another chance, as the Fox Warehouse sale and Chaiken & Capone sample sale continues today. If you’re in a charitable mood for the evening, the Spark 6th Annual Black & Pink Ball is happening in San Francisco. Other fashion events to enjoy include the following.
- SWATI Couture Trunk Show, Friday, October 21 thru Sunday, October 22, 2011, 3458 Janice Way, Palo Alto, 11:00 am to 6:00 pm
Fashion designer Swati Khanna Kapoor is opening up her studio for a special trunk show of her SWATI Couture collection. Expect premier Indian and fusion fashions with a selection of formal wear, Indo western tops, dresses, shawls and jewelry. Many of the designs include intricate hand embroidery and embellishment. Call beforehand to make an appointment at (510)610-5990.
- Alameda Point Vintage Fashion Faire, Friday October 21, 2011, O Club, 641 W. Red Line Ave., Alameda, 6:00 to 9:00 pm on Friday & 10:00 am to 5:00 pm on Saturday
Come and experience a vintage fashion extravaganza with 50 booths showcasing a wide array of women’s and men’s clothing, couture, jewelry, accessories, textiles, fine linens and more. Friday is the special preview party with live entertainment. The $10 admission fee readmits to the Saturday show.
- F3 at the Cotton Mill Art Show, Friday, October 21, 2011, Cotton Mill Studios, 1091 Calcot Place, Oakland, 6:00 to 10:00 pm
F3 at the Cotton Mill is an exhibition of art, design, fashion and craftsmanship at the historic Cotton Mill Studios. This event will feature a runway fashion show, a live performance stage, a design bazaar and food trucks. Parking is difficult, so use their shuttles available at the Fruitvale BART.
- The Ladies Night of Indulgence, Friday, October 21, 2011, California Ballroom, 1736 Franklin Street, Oakland, 6:00 to 9:00 pm
This is an exclusive evening for women to indulge in an evening of pampering with the East Bay’s premiere providers in cosmetics, spa services, fashion, makeovers and more. There will be complimentary hairstyling, eyebrow waxing, massages, free giveaways and more with paid admission. Cost to attend is $25.
- This Old Bag: The Power of the Purse, Friday, October 21, 2011, St. Regis SF, 125 3rd Street, SF, 6:30 pm to 9:30 pm
Kaiser Permanente presents this Old Bag: The Power of the Purse, a benefit for the Breast Cancer Emergency Fund. Over 400 guests will enjoy cocktails, hors d’oeuvres and entertainment while shopping without guilt for handbags and purses in a silent and live auction. This Old Bag features 250 new and vintage bags donated by couture designers, local philanthropists, retailers, as well as autographed bags from world-famous athletes, entertainers and some of Hollywood’s hottest actors. Cost to attend is $125.
Nordstrom is hosting their Fall Beauty Trend Show. Doors open at 8:00 am and the fashion show begins at 8:30 am. It lasts an hour and is the biggest Fashion Show of the season! Guests receive gifts from multiple Cosmetics brands and a Nordstrom tote for attending the show. National experts will be speaking during the morning show and then hosting Meet the Expert classes after the show on floor 1. Contact Nordstrom at (415) 243-8500 for additional information.
- A Day of Beauty for Pets, Saturday, October 22, 2011, Bloomingdale’s – Cosmetics Level One, 865 Market Street, SF, 10:00 am to 6:00 pm
Join Bloomingdale’s for the Fourth Annual Day of Beauty for Pets benefiting Pets Unlimited. Visit the Cosmetics Department and you and your furry friend will enjoy an action-packed day of activities for animal lovers and special cosmetics offers. Plus spend time with the Pets Unlimited Shelter animals!
- 2nd Annual Fall Fashion Frenzy, Saturday, October 22, 2011, Lake Merced Golf Club, 230 Junipero Serra Blvd, SF, 11:00 am to 2:30 pm
Enjoy an afternoon luncheon with emcee Susan Sikora of talk show “Bay Area Focus”, a live auction with fabulous prizes and a fashion show featuring Emily Lee Sportswear. Cost to attend is $125.
Discover the latest designs and inspired styles coming from India as it stops in San Jose as part of its nationwide tour. You will be able to see the collections from designers Pam Mehta, Aneesh Agarwaal, Madhuri Parson, Kanupriya and Simer Dhaliwal. RSVP online at the Diwali Tour website.
- Charlotte Ronson Trunk Show, Saturday, October 22, 2011, Azalea Boutique, 411 Hayes Street, SF, 1:00 to 5:00 pm
Get a sneak peek at the Spring/Summer 2012 collection of Charlotte Ronson and walk away with a special tote filled with goodies from Color Club nail polish, CR Sephora products, CD’s and more! Limited supplies so come early for the fabulous swag and designer clothes!
- SF Harvest Market: Benefit for the SF LGBT Center, Saturday, October 22, 2011, 1800 Market Street, SF, 1:30 to 5:30 pm
Harvest Market is a benefit fair for the SF LGBT Center featuring local artisans, jewelers, crafts and DIY-ers who will be selling their work. Vendors include Dragon Fly Designs, Velvet Otterhound, Lumen Rose and much more.
- Style: It’s an Inside Job, Saturday, October 22, 2011, Rendezvous Tapas Lounge, 2080 Van Ness Avenue, SF, 6:00 to 9:00 pm
The PTA of Starr King Elementary is hosting a fashion show fundraiser for the students and staff due to budget cuts in the public school. The event is co-produced by top fashion show producers Charleston Pierce and Monique Zhang. Student models will be showcasing clothes provided by Goodwill, proving that it is possible to dress in fashion without spending a lot of money. Evening includes a silent auction and dinner. Cost of admission ranges from $25 to $100 with all proceeds benefiting the school.
The Fox Warehouse Sale continues today, as does the Swati Couture Trunk Show. The Junior League of SF is hosting their 17th Annual Home Tour & Marketplace featuring the dwell showhome. Other fashion events to enjoy include:
- Malin Namita Couture – Premier Trunk Show, Sunday, October 23, 2011, Infinity Club Lounge, 333 Main Street, Level 3, SF, 11:00 am to 4:00 pm
Malin Namita Couture is hosting their premier trunk show. The event will showcase the women’s, men’s collections, jewelry and home collection. Talk to a stylist, view the styles through informal modeling and enjoy light refreshments.
- Winter Strut: Model Casting, Sunday, October 23, 2011, X Studio, 376 Turquoise Street, Milpitas, 4:00 to 7:00 pm
XStudio is holding a casting call for models for its fashion show and trunk show, Winter Strut, on November 13, 2011. Some of the designers featured include Michael Steven’s Jeans, Viogemini, Very Conceited, Ricochet, and GG Collection.