- The Cult of Beauty: The Victorian Avant-Garde, 1860-1900, ongoing thru June 17, 2012, Legion of Honor, SF
Check out the avant-garde beauty of the Aesthetic Movement at the Legion of Honor exhibit through June 17th, 2012. This look at The Victorian Avant-Garde will feature a series of exclusive programs including live entertainment, costumes, and hands-on art making. Programs are free with museum admission of $11.
- Outfitters: The Comtemporary Art of Clothing, Sunday, March 4 thru Saturday, May 13, 2012, Bedford Gallery – 1601 Civic Drive, Walnut Creek, 12:00 to 5:00 pm
Explore an exhibition of twenty artists’ work that uses armature of clothing or actual clothing as a premise for sculpture. Embracing personal ideas and the conceptual edge of craft, the artworks address concepts of money, human nature and statements of identity. Ticket cost is $5.
- SFMade Shoppista Marketplace Orientation, Tuesday, March 20, 2012, TechShop – 926 Howard Street, SF, 6:00 to 7:30 pm
SFMade is presenting an overview of their shopping portal within the Shoppista platform. Find out how the site works, how it benefits businesses and how to sign up for it. No cost to attend.
- Focus on Fall 2012: Fashion Industry Event, Wednesday, March 21 & Thursday, March 22, 2011, The W Hotel, SF, 7:00 to 9:00 pm
The San Francisco chapter of Fashion Business, Inc. is hosting a get-together on Wednesday night for a mixer and fashion show focused on bridging designers and merchants for networking. This kicks off their series of fashion related workshops the next day.
- B2B Fashion Industry Workshops, March 22, 2012, FIDM 55 Stockton & 28 Second Street – 3rd Floor, SF, 9:00 to 4:00 pm
B2B Fashion SF is hosting a series of fashion workshops at FIDM and Next Space in San Francisco. Some of the workshops include making your brand buyer ready, merchandising to sell, and building an online store.
Check out the “Bird by Juicy Couture” Spring 2012 collection during their launch event and save 20% of all purchases. Enjoy drinks and light appetizers as you check out their latest fashion trends for the spring. To attend, send an email to RSVP@JuicyCouture.com.
- Christopher Colllins Spring 2012 Shopping Party, Thursday, March 22, 2012, 116 Sutter Street, SF, 5:00 to 8:00 pm
Join designer Christopher Collins for a Spring 2012 Collection private shopping party at his store. The collection contains fabulous items to put some spring into workwear, eveningwear and weekendwear. To attend, RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Body Art Nightlife, Thursday, March 22, 2012, Academy of Sciences – 55 Music Concourse Drive, SF, 6:00 to 10:00 pm
The Academy of Sciences’ Nightlife event is featuring Body Art. Come check out the latest tattoo artist creations and get an airbrush tattoo for the evening. There will also by a jewelry-making workshop by Accessorize with Toys and Raissa Bump Jewelry. Cost to attend is $12.
- Launch Half Price Sale, Friday, March 23 thru Satruday, March 24, 2012, 971 Gravenstein Hwy. South, Sebastapool, 8:00 am to 8:00 pm
Vintage store Launch is having a two-day half price sale on all items. Go early for the best selection and save big on designer items.
- Vintage Sale at The Lace Museum, Friday, March 23 to Saturday, March 24, 2012, 552 S. Murphy Ave., Sunnyvale, 9:30 am to 4:00 pm
The Lace Museum is having their semi-annual two-day sale on vintage lace, linens, costume, clothing, craft, supplies, sewing supplies and more. All proceeds benefit The Lace Museum. Cash and check only.
- SPARK Fashion Show, Friday, March 23, 2012, Mill Valley Community Center – Cascade Room, 180 Camino Alto, Mill Valley, 6:00 to 11:00 pm
The Larkspur-Corte Madera Schools Foundation is hosting their popular annual SPARK fashion show fundraiser. The event will feature a boutique from 1:00 to 6:00 pm featuring the runway designs. The free shopping event will donate 25% of all proceeds to SPARK. The fashion show portion of the evening will include cocktails, dinner, a silent auction and shopping. Cost to attend the fashion show is $75.
|Jean Paul Gaultier, “Calligraphie” gown, Cages collection, haute couture fall/winter 2008-2009. © Patrice Stable|
- La Grande Fête: The Opening event for the Exhibition “The Fashion World of Jean Paul Gaultier”, Friday, March 23, 2012, de Young Museum – Golden Gate Park, 50 Hagiwara Tea Garden Drive, SF, 8:00 pm to 12:00 am
Come party with fashion designer Jean Paul Gaultier at La Grande Fête, celebrating the opening of the de Young’s exhibition “The Fashion World of Jean Paul Gaultier.” This black-tie evening includes entertainment, beverages, hors d’oeuvres and more. This is definitely one of the hottest fashion events of the year in San Francisco. Cost to attend is $250 to $300 per ticket.
- Grand Opening of “Dream Team’s Runway Boutique”, Saturday, March 24, 2012, 101-A Broad Street, SF, 9:00 am to 11:30 pm
Celebrate the Grand Opening of Dream Team’s Runway Boutique with a day of shopping, food, drinks, entertainment and more.
- The Fashion World of Jean Paul Gaultier: From the Sidewalk to the Catwalk, Saturday, March 24 thru August 19, 2012, de Young Museum – 50 Hagiwara Tea Garden Drive, Golden Gate Park, SF, 9:30 am to 5:15 pm
This dynamic, multimedia exhibition spotlights 120 haute couture and prêt-à-porter designs created by Jean Paul Gaultier between the 1970s and 2010, along with numerous sketches, archival documents, fashion photographs, and video clips. Despite the gritty and sometimes controversial contest of his collections the clothes remain beautiful, superbly crafted with the finest dressmaking and detailing skills. General admission is $11.
- Loudmouth Golf Warehouse Sale, Saturday, March 24, 2012, 1155 Chess Drive, Foster City, 10:00 am to 4:00 pm
Loudmouth Golf is having their first ever warehouse sale and sample sale at their headquarters in Foster City. Their selection of men’s, women’s, kids and accessories items are half price. There will also be a bin of sample items at extremely low prices.
- SOMA monthly vintage market, Saturday, March 24, 2012, Tanil Studio – 1108 Howard Street, SF, 10:00 to 7:00 pm
Tanil Studio is hosting their monthly indoor market featuring vintage fashion, jewelry, arts and crafts and more. Live bands will be performing throughout the day and food vendors will be on-site. No cost to attend.
- Treasure Island Flea Market, Saturday, March 24 & Sunday, March 25, 2012, Avenue of the Palms, Treasure Island, 10:00 am to 5:00 pm Every last weekend of the month
The Treasure Island Flea is an urban open-air market held on historic Treasure Island, showcasing local Bay Area designers, collectors, makers, artists, crafters, specialty food purveyors, local wineries and entertainment. Admission is $3. Free parking.
- Fiber & Dye Exhibition, Saturday, March 24 to Friday, March 30, 2012, UCB – Botanical Garden, 200 Centennial Dr # 5045, Berkeley, 10:00 am to 4:00 pm
The Botanical Garden at UC Berkeley is hosting a special exhibit about the world of natural fibers and dyes. From traditional uses to inspired future innovation in eco-fashion and textiles, a walk through the exhibit illuminates the connection of culture with nature. There is a special presentation at 11:00 am from the Permacouture Institute on plants historically and presently used for natural dyes around the world. Admission is $10.
- Cardiel x Chrome Launch Party, Saturday, March 24, 2012, Chrome Store – 580 4th Street, SF, 7:00 to 11:00 pm
Join skate legend John Cardiel and Chrome at their travel collection launch party. Free beer and tacos to the first 100 people with special raffles and giveaways throughout the evening. No cost to attend.
- Charleston Pierce Presents 5 year anniversary party, Saturday, March 24, 2012, Roe Nightclub, 651 Howard Street, SF, 7:00 to 10:00 pm
Join fashion events producer and model Charleston Pierce as he celebrates 5 years of producing shows, events, and fundraisers to support kids, models and talent within Bay Area fashion. The evening will feature a fashion show produced by Charleston. No cost to attend.
- Studio Glam presents Retro POP, Saturday, March 24, 2012, San Jose Woman’s Club – 75 S. 11th Street, San Jose, 8:00 to 11:00 pm
Studio Glam presents Retro Pop, an evening highlighting the sixties fashion, music and art. There will be a fashion show featuring 60’s styles by Studio Glam, Park Place Vintage and Time Zone Vintage. There will also be live music and dance performances throughout the evening. Cost to attend is $10.
- Allyn Scura Eyewear Annual Trunk Show, Sunday, March 25, 2012, Dhyana Center Lofts – 186 No. Main Street, Sebastopol, 10:00 am to 4:00 pm
Allyn Scura Eyewear is hosting a trunk show featuring Treehouse 28 and Yasi Jewelry. Come check out the vintage eyewear, organic women’s and children’s apparel and eco-jewelry. A portion of the proceeds will benefit a non-profit organization.
- Macy’s Annual Spring Flower Show, Sunday, March 25 through April 7, 2012, Macy’s Union Square – 170 O’Farrell Street, SF, 12:00 – 2:00 pm
Macy’s Union Square is celebrating the culture of Brazil for its annual San Francisco flower show. The presentation is inspired by Carnaval, lush tropical rainforests, timeless Colonial Brasilia and Brasilian landscape artist Roberto Burle Marx. The opening day features live music and dance performances, traditional Brazilian costumes and more celebrating the diversity of Brazilian culture.
Join 826 Valencia for an evening seminar with a panel of writers discussing the craft of fashion writing and the nuts and bolts of getting published. The panel includes Gina Pell (Spendora.com and Joyus.com), Lorraine Sanders (SFIndieFashion.com, SF Chronicle), Laura Vrcek (ModCloth) and more. Cost to attend is $50.