|Fashion inspired by African textiles.|
- The SF Tribal & Textile Arts Show Opening Preview Gala, Thursday, February 9, 2012, Fort Mason, Festival Pavilion, SF 6:00 to 9:00 pm
The de Young Museum is celebrating the Tribal & Textile Arts Show with an opening preview gala at the Fort Mason Pavilion. Touted as one of the best Tribal Art shows in the world, this event will bring together an impressive living history of global culture, including ethnographic sculptures, textiles and accessories. The opening night benefits the de Young Museum and various non-profits. Cost to attend is $150 and includes catering by McCalls.
- Spinsters of SF present The Great Gatsby, Thursday, February 9, 2012, Rosewood, 732 Broadway, SF, 8:00 pm to 2:00 am
A celebration of the roaring twenties, The Great Gatsby is hosted by the Spinsters of San Francisco. Gatsby inspired 1920’s fashion is encouraged. Dress up in your finest take on the flapper era and party in style! Proceeds from the evening will benefit the Oasis for Girls. Tickets are $55
Gallery of Jewels is hosting a special pre-Valentine’s event with local designer Betsy Barron. Betsy will be showcasing her extended collection of customizable charm, chains and hearts. Cherish one you create or one she designed herself, By appointment from 3:00 to 5:00 pm and open to the public from 5:00 to 8:00 pm.
- GoGo Craft Happy Hour, Friday, February 10, 2012, Teahouse Studio-1250 Addison Street, Berkeley, 6:30 to 8:30 pm
Let GoGo Craft teach you how to turn a cashmere or wool sweater into a pair of cozy fingerless gloves. Not too handy with a sewing machine? Not to worry! This low sew project is perfect for crafters of any level. Cost to attend is $18 and includes materials, instruction and refreshments.
- Casserole Club, Friday, February 10 & Monday, February 13, 2012, Roxie Theatre, 3117 16th Street, SF, 9:30 to 11:00 pm
The 1960’s featured a number of diverse fashion trends and social movements. SF Indie Fest film Casserole Club brings together both in a stylized, campy comedy focusing on a group of mod 1960’s era suburban housewives. Close-knit and neighborly, they are all bent on one-upping each other in true bourgeois fashion with regular dinner parties where the women can showcase their culinary prowess. Limited show times through February 13th. Ticket cost is $11.
- Fort Mason Sample Sales: BCBG & Ella Moss Sample Sale/ Cop-Copine/Sumaroo, Saturday, February 11, 2012, Fort Mason Center – Bldg. D, SF, 10:00 am to 3:00 pm
Fort Mason is the place to be this weekend with two exciting sales going down on February 11th. Visit the C Building to load up on women’s fashion from Cop-Copine, Sumaroo, Jovani and Eight Sixty. You’ll find great deals on winter fashion and spring trends. Then head over to Building D to scoop up great deals on Ella Moss, BCBG and James Perse! Afterwards take a break and enjoy a well deserved after-shopping lunch on Chestnut Street!
- Isn’t It Romantic sale and fashion show, Saturday, February 11, 2012, Kensington Park Hotel – 450 Post Street, SF, 11:00 am to 6:00 pm
Shop for exquisite vintage fashions for men and women, jewelry, romantic gift items and more. The shopping event will include music, a no host bar and models wearing exquisite vintage fashions and lingerie. All proceeds will benefit the Bruno Pardini Scholarship Fund. Cost to attend is $8.
- Red & Pink Fashion Show, Saturday, February, 11, 2012, 372 Turquoise Street, Milpitas, 5:30 to 10:00 pm
The Red & Pink Fashion Show will feature a fashion show from 5:00 to 6:00 pm and a fashion show at 7:00 pm. Clothing designers featured include Michael Steven’s Jeans, Chona’s, Rav, Just My Size, Serena Hughes Designs, Ashton Miyako’s Designs, and much more. Cost to attend is $15 online or $20 at the door. Entry for trunk show is free.
- On The Edge 2 Fashion Show, Saturday, February 11, 2012, Gallery 4N5 – 863 Mission Street, SF, 7:30 to 9:30 pm
Gallery4N5 is hosting a fashion show as part of it’s On The Edge 2 Erotic Photography Exhibit. Models will strut the runway in Infinite Hüdü Wearable Art by designer Rü Gala. No cost to attend, must be over 21 to attend.
- Mario B. Presents Valentine’s Day, Saturday, February 11, 2012, 4252 Broadway Street, Oakland, 8:00 pm to 3:00 am
Bay Area fashion producer Mario B. presents a Valentine’s Day fundraising event. Different local designers will showcase pieces from their collection that represent love, care and unity. Cost to attend is $10.
- Masters of Venice: A Masked Ball, Saturday, February 11, 2012, de Young Museum – Golden Gate Park, 50 Hagiwara Tea Garden Drive, SF, 8:00 pm to 12:00 am
To celebrate the closing days of Masters of Venice: Renaissance Paintings of Passion and Power, now on view at the de Young, ArtPoint is throwing a spectacular masquerade. Revel in the anonymity afforded by your finest Venetian mask and black-tie attire; transport yourself to the 15th Century Venice where the use of the mask became the perfect accessory for love. Cost to attend is $95.
- Special Valentine Fashion Show, Saturday, February 11, 2012, Sausalito Seahorse, 305 Harbor Drive, Sausalito, 8:30 to 11:30 pm
Celebrate Black History month with a special Valentine Fashion Show featuring designs by Picky Fashion, Zoe Bikini, Elizabeth Ann Baker Couture and Viogemini (Violetta Vieux). The evening will also include live entertainment by Fely Tchaco and Freddy Clarke. Ticket cost is $15.
- Love Rocks Valentines Edition, Saturday, February 11, 2012, Fuel Lounge – 1108 Market Street, SF, 9:30 pm to 2:00 am
Enjoy a special music and fashion event featuring fashions by Selebritee, Jerseys Virago Designs and Lust Designs. The evening will include life performances, musicians, cabaret dancers and much more. No cover before 11:00 pm.
- Opel 10 Year Anniversary Party, Saturday, February 11, 2012, Mezzanine – 444 Jessie Street, SF, 10:00 pm to 4:00 am
Opel is celebrating their 10 year anniversary with an amazing line-up of DJs and a “Future Retro” fashion show featuring Silver Lucy Design, Tamo Design, Alison Leigh Apparel, Onerary by Danielle DeRoberts, Sea Pony Couture by Fatima Flemming and Architect G by Gio Adame Cost to attend is $20 presale.
- Tory Burch Pre-Valentine’s Brunch at the Four Seasons Hotel, Sunday, February 12, 2012, 757 Market Street, SF, 11:00 am to 2:30 pm
Four Seasons Hotel San Francisco and Tory Burch have partnered for a fabulously-stylish pre-Valentine’s Day brunch. Indulge in your love of fashion with a delicious brunch and exclusive preview of Tory Burch’s spring collection, presented by models rotating looks throughout the beautifully-appointed Seasons Restaurant. Four Seasons will provide a two or three course brunch option. Cost to attend is $45 to $50. Purchase of a ticket also includes a special gift bag with a $25 gift card. To reserve a seat, call 415-633-3838.
Come celebrate Valentine’s day with SCAP, a San Francisco based non-profit creative reuse center, material depot and workspace. SCRAP breathes new life into old fabrics and materials, reducing waste by diverting over 200 tons from landfills every year. This is also a great place to be eco-conscious in choosing materials for fashion designs! The fundraiser party will include Valentine’s Day arts and craft projects, live music, food, and much more. A donation of $10 is requested at the door.
Join Sephora and non-profit solaceSF for a special shopping event. Enjoy a night of private shopping, give-aways and more. A portion of the proceeds will benefit solaceSF in their work within San Francisco and beyond. Cost to attend is $25
Additional fashion events in the future are listed at the sidebar to the left.