Upcoming Fashionable Fun Events in San Francisco
week of September 19th thru September 25th, 2011
- Friends & Family: 20% off Loehmann’s Coupon, Thursday, September 22 – Monday, September 26, 2011, 222 Sutter Street, SF, store hours
One of our favorite discount designer stores is having their annual Friends & Family sale! Take 20% off entire purchases with the Loehmann’s Friend & Family coupon. The event starts Thursday, September 22nd through Monday, September 26th.
- McMullen Fall Fashion Show, Thursday, September 22, 2011, McMullen,1235 Grand Avenue, Piedmont, 6:00 to 9:00 pm
Celebrating their 20th anniversary this year, the Charlotte Maxwell Clinic for low-income and homeless women with cancer is hosting a fundraiser Fashion Show event at McMullen in Piedmont. Ticket cost is $40 and includes hors d’oeuvres and libations in addition to the fabulous fashion show.
- N.I.C.E. Collective VIP Party, Thursday, September 22, 2011, 2111 Market Street, SF, 7:00 pm to 9:00 pm
N.I.C.E. Collective is hosting a VIP Reception and Trunk Show. Enjoy drinks, live DJ’d music and 25% off shopping store-wide. RSVP at RSVP@Nicecollective.com.
- Treasure Island Flea Market, Saturday, September 24 & Sunday, September 25, 2011, Treasure Island, SF, 9:00 am to 4:00 pm
The Treasure Island Flea is an urban open-air market held on historic Treasure Island, showcasing local Bay Area designers, collectors, makers, artists, crafters, specialty food purveyors, local wineries and entertainment. It’s the perfect venue to enjoy treasure hunting for the unique and unusual, while enjoying some of the best specialty foods in the Bay, while enjoying amazing San Francisco skyline views from bridge to bridge. Admission is $3. Free parking.
- Artistry in Fashion, Saturday, September 24, 2011, Cañada College, 4200 Farm Hill Road, Redwood City, 10:00 am to 5:00 pm
Since 1991, The Cañada College Fashion Department has hosted Artistry in Fashion, bringing together fashion lovers, students, faculty and premier local designers and fabric artists for an exciting day of fashion and creativity. Proceeds benefit the Cañada student scholarships and class materials. Admission is $10.
- Ocelot Clothing Trunk Show with designer Angelina DeAntonis, Saturday, September 24, 2011, Shibumi Gallery, 1402 Fifth Street, Berkeley, 4:00 to 7:00 pm
Join Shibumi Gallery for an opening reception with designer Angelina DeAntonis. Internationally recognized textile and and fashion designer Angelina DeAntonis founded Ocelot in 1998, initiated by a desire to create comfortable and unique clothing paired with her passion for color.
- Elements of Fashion, Saturday, September 24, 2011, VIP Motors, 2225 El Camino Real, Santa Clara, 8:00 pm to 12:00 am
Come share an evening with some of the Bay Area’s top designers and boutiques showing their collections down the runway. While checking out the fashion, enjoy appetizers from Tristan’s Elite Catering and cocktails from Azucar. Cost to attend is $15.
- Official Launch Party of Prolific 54 Apparel, Saturday, September 24, 2011, Horizon Ultra Lounge, 498 Broadway Street, SF, 10:00 pm to 2:00 am
Join Prolific 54 Apparel for the official launch of their men’s clothing line. The evening includes free giveaways and a runway fashion show. Drink, mingle, dance and enjoy! RSVP to get on the guest list. Cover is $15. Guest list will be free until 11:00 pm and $10 for the guest list after 11:00 pm.
- Tango in Silk, Saturday, September 24, 2011, British Bankers Club, 1090 El Camino Real, Menlo Park, 6:00 pm to 2:00 am
Enjoy a fashion walk and trunk show from fashion designer Vasily Vein and silk artist Natasha Foucault. This is a unique opportunity to meet the artists, view their collections and make purchases. The evening includes Tango performances, dance instructions and more. Free admission before 7:00 pm and $10 after.
The Loehmann’s Friend & Family sale continues today, in addition to the Treasure Island Flea Market. If you’re looking to add to your modeling experience, the following event may interest you:
|photo by Ken Shames.|
Designer Tuan Tran is scouting models for his upcoming fashion event on November 26th which will feature his collection of beautiful wirewear dresses, tops and pants. Check out his site for model requirements.