Buying locally made fashion is made easy this week with all the runway shows and sales featuring San Francisco Bay Area designers. In addition, there are fun fashionable events including jewelry making workshops, networking parties, and costume/fashion competitions. Whatever you decide to do this week, enjoy it in style!
|The Fashion World of Jean Paul Gaultier, Photo by Ed Jay.|
- The Fashion World of Jean Paul Gaultier: From the Sidewalk to the Catwalk, Saturday, March 24 through August 19, 2012, de Young Museum - 50 Hagiwara Tea Garden Drive, Golden Gate Park, SF, 9:30 a.m. to 5:15 p.m.
- The Cult of Beauty: The Victorian Avant-Garde, 1860-1900, ongoing thru June 17, 2012, Legion of Honor, SF, 9:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
- Outfitters: The Contemporary Art of Clothing, Sunday, March 4 through Saturday, May 13, 2012, Bedford Gallery - 1601 Civic Drive, Walnut Creek, 12:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Fashion+TechSF Talk Series, Thursday, April 19, 2012, Pigment Cosmetics, One Market Street, Suite 140, SF, 5:30 p.m. to 8:45 p.m.
- 5thStitch Up In Smoke: Varon Andel's Trunk Show/Sample Sale, Friday, April 20, 2012, 5th Stitch Collective, 2352 Market Street, SF, 5:00 p.m. to 8:30 p.m.
- Carte Blanche Opening Reception, Friday, April 20, 2012, 973 Valencia Street, SF, 6:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m.
- "Sideshow" F3 at the Cotton Mill Studios, Friday, April 20, 2012, 1091 Calcot Place, Oakland, 6:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m.
The Fatlace warehouse sale continues today in addition to the following fashion events:
- Spring Bead Bazaar, Saturday, April 21, 2012, Oakland City Center Hotel, 1001 Broadway Street, Oakland, 10:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
- SJMade with SJEats Spring 2012 Festival, Saturday, April 21, 2012, San Pedro Square Market, 170 W. St. John Street, San Jose, 11:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m.
- Red Poppy Indigenous Day in Brazil celebration, Saturday, April 21, 2012, Red Poppy Arthouse, 2698 Folsom Street, SF, 1:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m.
- Truly Beautiful: A fashion show and shopping event, Saturday, April 21, 2012, Public Works, 161 Erie Street, SF, 1:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m.
- Masagin General, Saturday, April 21, 2012, Fort Mason, Buchanan Street & Marina Blvd., SF, 1:30 p.m. to 6:30 p.m.
- Sarah Graham Jewelry: Nature vs. Nurture Opening Reception, Saturday, April 21, 2012, Shibumi Gallery, 1402 Fifth Street, Berkeley, 3:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m.
- Pretty in Green Fashion Show, Saturday, April 21, 2012, Bravado Coffee Bar & Lounge, 170 King Street, SF, 7:00 p.m. to 11:00 p.m.
- YSCDC First
Annual Fashion Show, Saturday, April 21, 2012, West Bay Conference
Center, 1290 Fillmore Street, SF, 7:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m.
- Green Goddess Eco Fashion Show, Saturday, April 21, 2012, Deep Green Festival, The Craneway Pavilion, 1414 Harbour Way South, Richmond, 8:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m.
- Earth Day San Francisco Eco Event, Sunday, April 22, 2012, Civic Center Plaza, 355 McCallister Street, SF, 10:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
|Designer Mariya Milovidova. Photo by VIPSocialite and Shaun Tiangsing.|
- Earth Day Envirolution Club Trashion Fashion Show, Sunday, April 22, 2012, Civic Center Plaza, SF, 2:30 p.m.
- A Bubbles Boutique Spring Fling Pop-Up Shop Event, Sunday, April 22, 2012, Dogpatch Studios, 991 Tennessee Street, SF, 12:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m.
- DXC - Dunkxchange, Sunday, April 22, 2012, Terra Gallery, 511 Harrison Street, SF, 1:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m.
- Project Funway, Sunday, April 22, 2012, Santa Rosa Veterans Memorial Building, 1351 Maple Avenue, Santa Rosa, 2:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m.
- Cherry Blossom Festival Anime Costume Contest & Parade, Sunday, April 22, 2012, Japantown, Post Street & Fillmore Street, SF, 3:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m.
- Elementals: Million Fishes Art Collective Fashion Trunk Sale and Show, Sunday, April 22, 2012, 2501 Bryant Street, SF, 4:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m.
- Couture de Cure Fundraiser, Sunday, April 22, 2012, Studio Barndiva, 237 Center Street, Healdsburg, 5:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m.
- SF Carnaval King & Queen Competition, Sunday, April 22, 2012, Public Works, 161 Erie Street, SF, 6:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m.